No access to the archives?

Advert

No access to the archives?

Home Forums News and Feedback No access to the archives?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    William Traynor-Kean
    Participant
      @williamtraynor-kean10217

I seem to have a problem with being given a new customer ID on renewal, this is not recognized when I try to access the archived editions. Also, in my profile, my subscription expired and does not show the renewal. Any ideas how this can be resolved?

Advert
      William Traynor-Kean
      Participant

Site Not iddentifying Customer ID

Chris E
        Participant
          @chrise

Follow the link for "Contact Us" above and call customer services on 01507 529529.

Is it really that difficult to work this out?

I am wondering if you realise that you only get archive access with a digital or digital + print subscription. A print only subscription does not give access.

Edited By Chris E on 24/10/2022 16:33:58

William Traynor-Kean
          Participant

Oddly enough, possibly not because just having an MA and a PSC, I did this morning verify the customer number problem, through the Customer Service team. This means I shall have to telephone them again to solve a problem that in theory has been solved. Sorry, I should have thanked you for your helpful response.

Chris E
            Participant
              @chrise

Are you logging in / using the same email address that you registered with when you took out the subscription?

Are you using a 6 digit user number? If less then put 0's in front to make it 6 digits.

Edited By Chris E on 24/10/2022 16:56:33

William Traynor-Kean
              Participant
                Posted by Chris E on 24/10/2022 16:54:09:

Are you logging in / using the same email address that you registered with when you took out the subscription?

Are you using a 6 digit user number? If less then put 0's in front to make it 6 digits.

Edited By Chris E on 24/10/2022 16:56:33

I have both a digital and hard copy subscription, just spoke again to Morton's who confirm I now have one customer ID which unsurprisingly still will not allow access. I should have added that the settings on this website shows my expired customer ID, I did mention this to the customer service person, but my comment was ignored as she could not see the difference between pocket mags and this site.

Chris E
                Participant
                  @chrise

You could try posting your problem here:

Help thread

although I am no sure how often it is looked at by the staff.

Oddly I found the customer services team both helpful & knowledgable when I had a problem when the new owners took over. I would try customer services again & hope for someone different!

Edited By Chris E on 24/10/2022 17:17:51

William Traynor-Kean
                  Participant

No doubt the team were very helpful and most pleasant, but I was obviously not getting my point over, I will try again when I get back from Riyadh. Thank you for your help.

Colin Bishop
                      @colinbishop34627

Yes, the information I can see shows your subscription as having expired on 19th August 2022 . I'm sure this can be sorted out by following Chris' link. Otherwise send a personal message to Darren Hendley.

Colin

Richard Simpson
                      Participant
                        @richardsimpson88330
                        Posted by Chris E on 24/10/2022 16:13:00:

Is it really that difficult to work this out?

Do we really think that is the sort of response we want to display when someone asks us for assistance? I really don't think that type of comment belongs here as it does not reflect the efforts of the majority of posters who are more than happy to do anything we can to help someone who is simply asking a question.

For that to be included in the answer to a new members first post is quite shameful.

Ray Wood 3
                        Participant
                          @raywood3

Hi Richard,

I agree !20% with your last.

Regards Ray

Chris E
                          Participant
                            @chrise

Might I just observe that his post did not in any way suggest that he had contacted Customer Services but rather that he had either not looked for or ignored the big "Contact us" button.

I would also observe that it was not his first post and that his problem was a renewal and not a new subscriber/ modeller.

Thirdly that I did everything that I could to help with his problem in a succession of further posts.

Personally I find your comment naive & shameful but I guess that we are going to have to disagree.

Richard Simpson
                            Participant
                              @richardsimpson88330

There is no justification for being rude no matter how hard you try.

Colin Bishop
                                @colinbishop34627

OK folks, that's enough.

Colin

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)