Wild Duck sailing close to Barcelona

Advert

Wild Duck sailing close to Barcelona

Home Forums Gallery Wild Duck sailing close to Barcelona

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Joan Conesa
    Participant
      @joanconesa16737
        <li style=”text-align: left;”>20240301_14371220240301_14372320240129_12580420240301_14370120231207_14525720231207_141141(0)20231207_141127
      Advert
      Richard Simpson
      Participant
        @richardsimpson88330

Beautiful pictures of a beautiful boat.  Thanks for sharing them.

Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi Joan,

That’s one of the best models built from my plans I’ve seen well done 🙂

She will always be tender with out the detachable keel , will you be building Eventide next ??

My friend Tim Rowe in Majorca is building an Eventide and Wild Duck currently

Kind Regards from the UK  Ray

Joan Conesa
          Participant
            @joanconesa16737

Thank you Ray.

And thank you so much to inspire all of us, to discover this small boat. Some years ago, during a trip to Scotland I had the opportunity to acquire “Building Chine Boats” by Michael Verney. This has been a great source for the construction too.

In my Wild Duck version i decided don’t use the detachable fin… sorry. Instead I modified the keel design (deeper) and  I enlarged a little bit the rudder surface too.

With this modifications, the boat sails very well in moderate winds with a + 10% sail area and -8% main area.

Recently I have installed a third small servo to control the jib sheet. It works well in gusty winds.

Nowadays I’m working in two projects a 26′ Gaff Sloop by Wilbur Harris and a Bullseye from an Aeronaut Kit. My next project will by an enlarged version of the Morning Tide 14 by Selway Fisher.

I have the plans of Eventide and I will start to collect information to build it in the next future.

Thanks and sorry for my english.

Joan Conesa

Joan Conesa
            Participant
              @joanconesa16737

+10% jib sail area…

Sorry

Colin Bishop
                @colinbishop34627

Joan,

Your English is excellent, do not apologise. Most of us are far worse when it comes to using Spanish.

It is a lovely model and Ray will be very pleased with the way you have adapted it.

Thank you for sharing the pictures.

Colin

Joan Conesa
                Participant
                  @joanconesa16737

Thank you Colin and thank you Richard too.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)