MV Oldenburg 1/48th scale

Advert

MV Oldenburg 1/48th scale

Home Forums Scratch build MV Oldenburg 1/48th scale

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)
  • Author
    Richard Simpson
    Participant
      @richardsimpson88330

One of my pet hates is repetition. You have me deepest admiration for completing all those bench seats! Beautiful model as well.

Advert
      redpmg
      Participant
        @redpmg

Ray you really do have patience – great model – the seats look great . One of the times its great to have a Laser with all that repetition . You should think about a desktop one – not that expensive in the UK ………..

Had to make 100 odd perspex trophies in December – but the Laser does the work cutting them all

ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Good bench seats Ray. I would not have thought making that many were possible, but proved wrong again!

Ashley

neil hp
          Participant
            @neilhp

a work of art Ray……………i am with richard there on repitition…….i only needed 8 for my ferry but i bought them off ebay……..saved me a whol;e load of greif, lol.

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi All,

I don't really mind the repetition, too much ! I must admit to finding the vac formed plastic corrogated sheets I bought 20 years ago for my railway saved the day Everything from the scrap box so far except the shafts, couplings, props & stanchions.

Regards Ray Ray Ray …………………….. old bridge seats.jpg

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

ob1.jpgHi All,

Just a note to finalise this build thread, yesterday's maiden voyage at the Chantry MBC at Bluewater went reasonably well , only regret was not knowing she has twin rudders when I started as she would steer easier, but in many ways more like a real ship so I need to anticipate other vessels around

The model is a big hit on the Lundy Island Facebook group with many favourable comments, may be a plan feature in MB's if Lindsey indulges me

6 month build happy with the outcome, HMS Belfast next ??

Regards Rayob2.jpg

Tim Rowe
                Participant
                  @timrowe83142

That looks fabulous Ray.

I am not sure that twin rudders would make that much difference in reality. Much more seamanlike to do as yo do and anticipate.

Tim R

Chris Fellows
                  Participant
                    @chrisfellows72943

Looks really good on the water Ray.

I can't believe your build times!

Chris

Ray Wood 3
                    Participant
                      @raywood3

Hi All,

Just started fettling the Oldenburg drawings for an article and free plan in the magazine, but the ships cat Carlos had other ideas

I have found out that being retired thatoldenburg&carlos.jpg it's pretty easy to do nothing !! back in the saddle now

Regards Ray

Chris Fellows
                      Participant
                        @chrisfellows72943

Yes Ray, when retired it's so easy to do that and putting things off! This morning I replaced the ceramic valve to the sink tap that has been leaking for sometime and put the washing line back up.

That's a lovely cat, I like tabbies. We had a grey cat that would slide down the drawing board when I was working on it!

Chris

Ray Wood 3
                        Participant
                          @raywood3

Hi All,

Well good news for some, I have re-found my MoJo which has been misplaced for a while

Drawings to build from are one thing, but putting the extra detail for publication as a free plan is another.

Fortunately I always produce a set of card templates for the bulkheads which are easy to draw round so I'm about half way through drawing round them for sheet 2 of the drawingsold drg 290623.jpg

This good weather hasn't helped with sailing at the Chantry Club at Bluewater yesterday and slope soaring tomorrow at Thurnham on the North Downs  with my 20 year old Middle Phase designed by Chris Foss back in the day.

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 29/06/2023 19:09:38

neil hp
                          Participant
                            @neilhp

good to hear that Ray………….hope to see your new project taking shape soon.

Ray Wood 3
                            Participant
                              @raywood3

Hi Neil,

Yes I will be back onto the Delight build pretty soon

I have PM'd you

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson
                              Participant
                                @richardsimpson88330

Ray, your model of the Oldenburg reminds me of something I started many years ago and was wondering if you would be interested.

When I was working in the Meyer Werft shipyard in Papenburg in 2010 I was having a walk around the offices one day and came across this beautiful builder's model in a glass case. Having had a chat with one of the guys in the office I mentioned I enjoyed ship models and he dug out some drawings for me. I thought one day a model plan could be drawn up from the drawings and the collection of photographs I took. Then never got around to it and probably realised it was out of my comfort zone anyway!

I have absolutely no idea where the plans are now however, if you would be interested in either making up a set of model plans or building a model yourself I would be happy to have a good dig around and see if I can locate them.

It would be very rewarding to see something useful done with them rather than they simply sit in the bottom of a box or drawer until somebody sticks them in a skip when I have gone!

26-10-10-01meyerwerftmodelemden1.jpg

Ray Wood 3
                                Participant
                                  @raywood3

Thanks Richard,

I'm all way's looking ahead to the next prospective build, I have 3 in mind at the moment but more the merrier.

I will PM you my details.

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson
                                  Participant
                                    @richardsimpson88330

OK Ray, I'll have a preliminary look around!

Colin Bishop
                                      @colinbishop34627

Just seen this video of Oldenburg in rough weather! A bit uncomfortable aboard I would think.

**LINK**

Colin

Ray Wood 3
                                      Participant
                                        @raywood3

Hi Colin,

Thanks for that clip the old gal has a reputation for rolling on wet grass !!

Regards Ray

Colin Bishop
                                          @colinbishop34627

Just seen another one – scary!

**LINK**

Colin

Ray Wood 3
                                          Participant
                                            @raywood3

Hi Colin,

Yes very scary !! the skipper has nerves of steel and big balls

I'm surprised they would risk the ship ? but I guess they have had plenty of practice ! If it's too bad they fly people to and fro via helicopter.

I must get the model out and sail it again

Regards Ray

Viewing 20 posts - 76 through 95 (of 95 total)