VINTAGE BUILDS

Advert

VINTAGE BUILDS

Home Forums Build Blogs VINTAGE BUILDS

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    John W E
    Participant
      @johnwe

Hi there, here are a couple of photographs of my latest project called BUOY CAT which was designed by F Body in the 1960s. Basically, its a CAT hull with an IC engine in it . I have tried to keep as close as possible to the original design, couple of variations in the build is I increased the length of the spray rails either side of the hull, originally they were only half way along. I added an upper rubbing strip around the deck area and also on the back deck I opened up an area with a grille in it to allow ventilation. The only thing now to do is to give it a trial run in the paddling pool – to make sure nothing falls off. I have glazed the cabin windows but I do have a funny feeling they will either melt – or – I will knock them out to create ventilation. For those wondering why I didn't go brushless with this design is that I wanted to keep it as authentic as possible as this is one part of our hobby I enjoy – i.e. tinkering with IC engines – come to think of it I have many a battle scar on me fingers from the old boot lace starting. But, now softy here has a starter motor and electric one that is.

Advert
      John W E
      Participant
        @johnwe
        John W E
        Participant
          @johnwe

dscn1077.jpgdscn1078.jpgdscn1079.jpgpic sdscn1080.jpg

Ray Wood 3
          Participant
            @raywood3

Hi John,

Buoycat is so 1960's the stuff of dreams 😀 you are lucky to have somewhere to run ic these days! The Cygnets in Maidstones Mote Park is one of the only clubs in the South East that has an ic section. Electric power is so clinical and dare I say boring! I'd love to build a diesel – electric tug but my club wouldn't allow it to run 😕

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 18/03/2020 19:05:34

Dave Milbourn
            Participant
              @davemilbourn48782

The one and only thing I miss about running I/C engines is the smell – especially diesel fuel. Apart from that, electric power has every advantage going although it is rather soul-less.

By 'eck, Bloobs – but that model looks great!

DM

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)