Schooner fittings

Advert

Schooner fittings

Home Forums Static modelling Schooner fittings

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    STEPHEN WHITING
    Participant
      @stephenwhiting27109
      Advert
      STEPHEN WHITING
      Participant
        @stephenwhiting27109

I am try to find information on the following all based on fittings for a 3 masted schooner built in the early 1900

Bollards.

Would these be fitted on the deck and if so how many for a 65m schooner, would they have been metal or brass and would there be a hole through the ships side for the rope to pass and any idea of height, double, single etc

Capstan

would this have been fitted with a capstan

Cleats

roughly how many would a ship of this size have and what types (any info welcome)

Anchor

What type and I assume 1 either side at front of ship and what would the anchor be fixed to

Lights

Would there have been a number of lights or latterns fitted

This all probably fairly obvious but I have google all-over trying to find some images of a deck from that period but to no avail and every model of the atlantic (which is what I am roughly basing it upon is different)

Any advise appreciated

Edited By STEPHEN WHITING on 13/12/2021 09:46:14

Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

dscf1924.jpgHi Stephen,

If you have a look at the thread on here called :- Moonbeam – A Novice attempt (far from being a novice in my view) by Andrew Briggs.

The deck layout of your schooner will be similar in layout & fittings will similar from the same era, Cornwall Model boats sell all the fittings, the schooner would have had bronze fittings back in the day.

Regards Ray

This schooner was at Ramsgate for repairs in the summer

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 13/12/2021 11:01:28

STEPHEN WHITING
          Participant
            @stephenwhiting27109

Thanks thats great. I was looking at Cornwall Model boats and the choice was vast hence my questions

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

Did you follow the link I posted on your other thread to the real schooner Atlantic web site? There are a good few pictures of the actual vessel there.

I'm also sure you would be able to contact the owners and get further information from them.

STEPHEN WHITING
              Participant
                @stephenwhiting27109

Yes I have used there contact form on the website, and hopefully will hear back soon. If the fittings are as the original there are some good photos but some look quite modern for example the cleats ie stainless steel and there is also a station around the deck (this I assume would be for safety purposes so I am wondering if where safety is concerned they have used different products which is quite understandable for a boat they hire out.

It does say on there they spent 3 years reasearching before they started building so I think they would know better than anybody, but is is getting hold of the right person. the contact form on the website is addressed to the captain and I think it is more for booking the ship rather than information

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)