On board camera?

Advert

On board camera?

Home Forums Soapbox On board camera?

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    gecon
    Participant
      @gecon

I have tried using my old-ish Contour Roam 3 helmet/hat/cap cameras on bord the Fisher. The onboard camera in fact produces OK video from inside the wheelhouse and out through the front windows. It wedges nicely into the the wheelhouse sliding door-opening. It is however, rather large.

Any suggestions for a not too expensive and uncomplicated mini video camera?

Must be a sort of 'switch on and go' type -without too many complex settings which need to be remembered/programmed. I think GoPro made a tiny cube thing but can't remember what is was called.

George

Advert
      gecon
      Participant
        @gecon
        Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

The small cube was called the Go-Pro Hero Session, there was a 4 or a 5. Go Pro no longer make them but there are still occasionally new ones on Ebay although any Go Pro product seems to be a ridiculous price.

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

How about a dash-cam?? Quite small, internal battery….? Ashley

Trevor Holloway
            Participant
              @trevorholloway99134

Either a dash cam or body camera, simple one button on / off and usb charging.

Prices from £20 on usual auction sites.

Picture quality probably is variable.

gecon
              Participant
                @gecon

Thanks chaps,

the Contour Roam 3 which I have been using is a so called "body cam" -which comes with attatchments for helmets and caps. Have one on my cap and one wedged into the wheelhouse door-opening. It can be programmed to either film video or take stills at pre-chosen intervals which is all great -apart from the pixel-count not being too high! Using it on a cap is not much good for yacht/boat photos as the subject is usually too far away. Anyway, the hobby is supposed to be building and sailing…not 'snap-shotting'smiley

Maybe a dash-cam would give better photo quality but I think they will be the wrong shape ie. too wide. Off for a 'google' again….

George

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)