Metallic paint drying time

Advert

Metallic paint drying time

Home Forums Soapbox Metallic paint drying time

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    gecon
    Participant
      @gecon
      Advert
      gecon
      Participant
        @gecon

Up on the soapbox again!

Started asking about metallics drying time last year. Having issues again with the same while painting pulpits.

Having now spent some time on Google, it seems that long drying -even non-drying metallics are not unknown occurrences.

Humbrol tins do not include text suggesting up to10 hours hardening time, but the Humbrol website does.

So, my own conclusion after much 'googling' is that one needs to allow days -not hours- before planning to handle metaillic painted items.

Probably the brighter the paint ie. silver, the longer the handling time.

I also read somethig about not storing enamels in very cold places. Mine -only the enamels, not the acrylics- have on accasions been subjected to below zero storage temps and this can apparently effect the colour pigments, but I don't understand how or why.

I think that I have applied the silver 11, too thickly and that I have not waited nearly long enough before handling. Two mistakes in one go.

Still have not decided if I will try again with silver 11 or chicken out and paint with tamiya Titanium Silver X32. The first application of silver looked just as I wanted it to…until I started manhandling it!

George

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)