LCT Ramp Mechanism

Advert

LCT Ramp Mechanism

Home Forums Build Blogs LCT Ramp Mechanism

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Silverfern Downunder
    Participant
      @silverferndownunder

Hello to All,

I am seeking ideas for the ramp mechanism on my landing barge which I'm currently slowly building from no plans.

For those of you that have built an LCT with a front operating ramp door I would be interested in how it operates up and down. A picture tells a lot if you have.any.

Thank you

Robert

Downunder.

Advert
      Silverfern Downunder
      Participant
        @silverferndownunder

Seeking Ideas

Charles Oates
        Participant
          @charlesoates31738

I made the rear ramp open and close on a ferry, it's much the same idea as your model. Because I'm a believer in keeping it simple and robust, I abandoned the idea of scale fidelity, and just made it work. I used control snakes, like the aircraft boys use to small control horns on the door. The other ends want to extended servo arms and the two servos connected via an action servo morph and a y lead to the receiver. Dead simple and cheap, the servo morph is a brilliant piece of kit for setting up things like this. I made one mistake at first, I didn't allow for fine adjustment of the servos in their mounts for setting up. I suppose it's obvious, but make sure the two servos are the same type.

Charles

Silverfern Downunder
          Participant
            @silverferndownunder

Excellent info Charles, thank you kindly

Bob

Tim Cooper
            Participant
              @timcooper90034

As Charles I have used 2 servos and aircraft snake and a servo morph. This was for the Stern Gate on my Graupner Bernhard Gruben. The servos were mounted on a rubber two sided tape just to give it a bit of give when it closing. It did take a bit of patience and time to set up.

Tim

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)