GLENMOOR 1953 32’=1″

Advert

GLENMOOR 1953 32’=1″

Home Forums Static modelling GLENMOOR 1953 32’=1″

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Bob Wilson
    Participant
      @bobwilson59101
      GLENMOOR, now well advanced and probably within a week of completion.
      Bob

Advert
      Bob Wilson
      Participant
        @bobwilson59101
        Robin Lee
        Participant
          @robinlee31938
          Excellent Bob. Don’t know how you build them so fast. I see you have the name in place – is using a self adhesive paper? If so how do you produce white letters? I can see how you could do black letters for use on a white painted bow but white letters on a black painted bow….
          Robin
          Bob Wilson
          Participant
            @bobwilson59101
            Hi Robin,
            Thanks.
            Name – Easy enough!  
            I type it out large on the computer using ARIAL BLACK font as white lettering on a black background with one space between each character.

I then scan it and insert it back into a new Microsoft Word doucment.    I can then resize it it to however small I want it.    Next, print it out on thin white paper.   Cut it out and glue it to hull using white wood glue.   Finally, paint round the edges with black water paint to cover up the white edges of the cut paper.

Bob
            Robin Lee
            Participant
              @robinlee31938
              Hi Bob,
              I have been trying this. In Microsoft Word I can only get my printer to print a black background if I generate a text box in Word and define the fill colour as black. I have some Letraset Safmat which is a self adhesive film which comes in A4 sheets which can be printed on an ink jet printer. Unfortunatley the peel off sheets are transparent and are only useful for black lettering (or some other opaque colour). White lettering on black does not work as the lettering is not opaque so the background colur of the model hull shows through giving a totally black result. Hence you having to print on white paper I suppose – unless I am missing something.
              Regards
              Robin
              Bob Wilson
              Participant
                @bobwilson59101
                Hi Robin,
                Try this:

Open new Word document

Press enter, then type name in required font, press enter again. (the two enters are to give you black above and below the name).

Highlight this area by holding left mouse button down and dragging it down over it.

Click on “Format” at top of screen..
                Click on Borders & Shading.
                Click on colour black, then click OK.

That will give you the black background.

To change text to white, leave it highlighted and click on small arrow to right of “A”  on top of screen.    Select white colour and press OK.

Then you can print it out, white on black!

If you have a scanner, scan it back in as a jpeg.    Then insert it into a new Word Document and you can shrink it as small as you wish.   If you don’t have a scanner, take a photograph of it and use that to give you a jpeg.

Bob
                Robin Lee
                Participant
                  @robinlee31938
                  Hi Tom, I think you have Word 97 whereas I have Word 2007 which is quite different (good old Bill Gates). I can however do what you suggest and it does work – thanks. Still can’t use Safmat though as my printer will not print white as a solid colour so the transparent Safmat film shows the hull black through the clear lettering. Will have to use plain paper as you suggest.
                  Robin
                  Bob Wilson
                  Participant
                    @bobwilson59101
                    Hi Robin,
                    My MS Word is 2000.    I do use Safmat for putting black names on white backgrouds, but thin white paper woprk well for black hulls.
                    Bob
                    Bob Wilson
                    Participant
                      @bobwilson59101
                      I completed the GLENMOOR this morning.
                      Bob

Robin Lee
                      Participant
                        @robinlee31938
                        Very nice Bob, I am in awe of the short build times you achieve.
                        Regards
                        Robin
                      Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)