debit card security

Advert

debit card security

Home Forums Soapbox debit card security

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Nick Clarke 1
    Participant
      @nickclarke1

I have just purchased a battery pack and charger from an advertiser in MB, using my debit card over the phone. The goods arrived the next day, (nice quick service), but,to my horror there was a slip of paper in the parcel entitled order form, on which was recorded all my card details, including my name, adress, postcode and security number, in fact all that is needed to make a purchase. Had this package gone missing in the post or been stolen enroute, anyone who is that way inclined could have used my details for fraudulent purposes. I work in a computer shop, and regularly take peoples card details over the phone. As soon as the transaction is complete, the customers card details are shredded to prevent them falling into the wrong hands. I think this is a sound practice, as it protects my customers from fraudulent use of their details. Idont know if I am allowed to mention the name of this company on a public forum, but I will be contacting them to sugest that they are more carefull with sensetive information provided by customers. Has any one else had a similar Experience I wonder?

Advert
      The Long Build
      Participant
        @thelongbuild

I am sure that a polite email to the Company as you have suggested voicing your concerns would be more productive than a name and shame thread, could all well have beenn a simple error. 

Nick Clarke 1
        Participant
          @nickclarke1

I have emailed the company saying more or less that and am awaiting a response

Nick Clarke 1
          Participant
            @nickclarke1

I have had an e-mail from the company concerned, and they assure me that it was a one off mistake, and that they will take steps to make sure it will not happen again.

Nick Clarke 1
            Participant
              @nickclarke1
            Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)