Chamfer

Advert

Chamfer

Home Forums Build Blogs Chamfer

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    David Hooper 1
    Participant
      @davidhooper1
      Advert
      David Hooper 1
      Participant
        @davidhooper1

Hi Everyone, well I am now the proud owner of a Krick Policeboat WSP 47, on the instructions it says to chamfer the front of the deck area to get a snug fit into the hull this I can understand but to me a chamfer is used to create an angle. Or am I reading it the wrong way and just have to sand away keeping the flat edge but sanding just enough for it to slot into the hull any help will be appreciated as is the norm. Regards Dai H.

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Not quite clear what you mean but I am supposing that the idea is to sand the deck edge so that it fits flush with the sides of the hull.

Colin

David Hooper 1
          Participant
            @davidhooper1

Hi Colin many thanks for you reply, that,s what I thought but as when I went on the web and brought up the instructions it shows a picture of a ruler being held against the deck but an arrow pointing to the lower edge of the deck that is where I am confused!! Regards Dai H

Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

David,

Just had a look at the instructions:

**LINK**f

And saw the ruler image. It seems to me it is clearly just a matter of taking a bit off the underside of the deck to allow it to fit flush with the top of the hull. If you get any gaps then just uise a bit of filler. Nothing to worry about really.

Good luck with the build and keep us posted.

Colin

David Hooper 1
              Participant
                @davidhooper1

Hi Colin, once again many thanks for your help and prompt reply as I am a relative newbie having just got back into model boats after a 50yr break I am having to re learn it all and this is to be my party piece as it were, and I will keep you posted as I go along. In the model Boats Magazine it took a guy 20 hours to build it!! But I will take a lot longer but intend to enjoy the challenge. Regards Dai H

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Take as long as you like – it's a hobby after all.

Colin

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)