K40 Laser

Advert

K40 Laser

Home Forums Soapbox K40 Laser

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)
  • Author
    Paul T
    Participant
      @pault84577

Hi Ashley

Yes its a CAD cutty out thingy, more commonly know to grown ups as a CNC machine.wink

It is for cutting and 3D sculpting Nylon for engine mounts, firewalls and servo mounts, I use Nylon as it is stronger than 3D Printer filament.

Paul

Advert
      Bob Abell 2
      Participant
        @bobabell2

Very interesting Paul

Can`t wait to see it in action

Bob

Paul T
        Participant
          @pault84577

Hi Captain Bob

Its only a small bed machine but its ideal for the bits I want to make.

The machine came with an upgraded motor, a laser unit and a load of cutting bits.

Paul

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

It will be interesting to see what you can do with it Paul.

redpmg
            Participant
              @redpmg

Be very careful with an unguarded Laser Paul – very dangerous to ones eyesight – at the very least have a sheet of yellow tinted Perspex between you and it and wear yellow goggles – unless its a fibre Laser in which case believe you use red………

Always wanted a CNC router as well as the laser – not only cuts but contours too – they use the large ones here for producing very accurate scarf joints in plywood for boat kits etc. – amongst other things of course.

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Hi Red

Thank you for the advice, I got all of the safety equipment when I bought the K40 and follow a strict procedure when using the machine.

This little CNC is just for cutting and contouring Nylon so the laser pack will stay in its box.

The CNC will be linked in to the workshops extract system and as usual I will be using a P3 mask and safety specs.

Paul

Viewing 6 posts - 126 through 131 (of 131 total)