1/32 Mountfleet Models Sir Lancelot

Advert

1/32 Mountfleet Models Sir Lancelot

Home Forums Build Blogs 1/32 Mountfleet Models Sir Lancelot

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 24 posts - 76 through 99 (of 99 total)
  • Author
    Richard Simpson
    Participant
      @richardsimpson88330

Pre shading looks spot on. The great thing about these vessels is that you can build them as anything from a yard fresh look to a filthy heavily weathered version as they are all realistic!

Advert
      George Norman
      Participant
        @georgenorman68347

Good Morning all

Hull Grey and the Red done, The Masking lines for the Black cheatline is done also so at Lunchtime I will start to mask this up, Should make it pop then.

Test Fitting of a lot of the deck bits also. Looking the bizz now!

Hopefully on the water at the end of next month!

The bits Bits below the bow are from an RC Albatross which came to Grief Tuesday night due to Receiver issue. took off and then nosed in from 30FT. Shame as it was a lovely Flyer and Parkzone don't do them anymore.

img_7632.jpg

img_7633.jpg

George Norman
        Participant
          @georgenorman68347

Hi Folks

Roasting here today!

Cheatline done, Was worried this would bit come off giving the Curves, Lumps and bumps, Used a Pencil on a Square and ran it around the hull to get consistent height, but it has turned up very nice indeed , Very happy, used anthracite grey instead straight black.img_7817.jpg

img_7819.jpg

img_7818.jpg

Edited By George Norman on 18/07/2021 16:29:12

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

Spot on George. I rarely use black or white as they are both too stark when scaled down. A very dark grey and a very light grey or ivory work better and look more realistic. You've done a good job of maintaining the water line over all those rubbing strakes. Great job!

George Norman
            Participant
              @georgenorman68347

Hi All,

Weeks hols coming up so hope to get a lot done over the next week, Started with to Bow Railings last night, Was not relishing this but it has come up well, All Soldered up not so need a bit of a tidy up and then a final cement in place, Thankfully some spare White metal Stanchions were provide as 2 were damaged during the fitting.

img_7889.jpg

img_7890.jpg

img_7891.jpg

img_7892.jpg

George Norman
              Participant
                @georgenorman68347

Good Evening Folks,

A few Gratuitous shots that I grabbed between the showers and in the sunshine to see what the weathering I applied last night was like , I don't want to overdo the Weathering so toned it down a bit as I though it was a bit OTT.

Also a few more bits done, The Lifeboat davits rigged and the Life boat sorted with grab ropes around the sides. The Gun Platform Davit also rigged and there is another Davit on the main deck Rigged.

All stepping in the right direction!

img_7942.jpgimg_7943.jpgimg_7945.jpgimg_7946.jpgimg_7947.jpg

gecon
                Participant
                  @gecon

You've done a fantastic job here George. A real pleasure to follow your build and study the detail in the photos. Nice landscape photos too!

George (one of the other 'Georges'!)

Richard Simpson
                  Participant
                    @richardsimpson88330

It is so easy to overdo weathering but you seem to be well aware of that. Standing back and looking at it under normal light conditions is by far the best way to see the overall effect rather than get pre-occupied with studying small bits of it at the end of your nose under artificial light!

Yours is looking spot on.

George Norman
                    Participant
                      @georgenorman68347

Morning Gents, Well my end of August date flew by and with the good weather we have had up till now I have been out and about a lot more on the rivers and mountains.

Here is a few shots of the latest progress, The Ratlines were done, I really hated those and some of the fore and aft rigging, The Gallows are in place too

I am not to the point were I have to come up with something for the Aerials between the fore and aft masts as the super-structure is removable I need to have these detachable. I was thinking about Nylon thread as it would keep the aerials nice and taught and attached to a brass hook or such.

img_8724.jpgimg_8723.jpgimg_8722.jpgimg_8721.jpgimg_8720.jpgimg_8719.jpg

River bride that runs through the Village I life in. An Early Start to get on the tide.

img_8494.jpg

There are some fine sights along the Blackwater. A lot of Weath is still around (most UK Ex Pats like the Daughter of Hotelier Forte)Here is a small house that Walter Raleigh used to live in along the River Blackwater. Famous for introducing spuds to the Land not the Bicycles. He lost his head some time later in life. What comes around I spose…

img_8657.jpg

George Norman
                      Participant
                        @georgenorman68347

The Stumbling block that has come up re detachable aerials is slowly being worked on , I found to 0.4mm wire and fashioned a Spring to tension it on one end and also found some etched brass spare hooks to, well hook it onto a Shackle and to a attachment point on the rear mast. this is my first attempt, Not to happy about the kink right next to the Spring but also not sure what better option there may be. It does keep it nice a taught though.

img_8757.jpgimg_8755.jpgimg_8754.jpg

Edited By George Norman on 20/10/2021 15:38:37

George Norman
                        Participant
                          @georgenorman68347

Hello All,

Well the wire did not work out so the Daughter helped me out with some elastic thread Much better and is still removable! Delight with that.

On the other Hand these guys will have a bit of a problem doing the Hokey Cokey. Left arms everywhere!! WTH. Not sure if this is Standard stuff with Mountfleet! Surgery required.

img_8890.jpgimg_9157.jpg

img_9162.jpg

img_9164.jpg

George Norman
                          Participant
                            @georgenorman68347

img_9165r.jpgimg_9166.jpgimg_9168.jpgFew more Decent picture I took at Lunctime.

img_9170.jpg

Richard Simpson
                            Participant
                              @richardsimpson88330

Looking superb, I bet you can't wait to get it on the water.

George Norman
                              Participant
                                @georgenorman68347

Thanks Richard, Yes not too Far away now. Need to be a nice day!!

Started on the weathering, Tad too heavy on the left side and a bit too dark in some spots so I will blend this in a bit and work on the other bits, Less is more kinda thought,

img_9208.jpgimg_9207.jpg

img_9206.jpg

George Norman
                                Participant
                                  @georgenorman68347

Good Afternoon all,

Well been tipping away on this and had a break to build a Saab Viggen for another Forum for the Matchbox 50 anniversary.

Only some rigging to do now, Just waiting for some Thread to come from Cornwall and the Ensign and some semaphore flags to add some extra colour.

The boat was ballasted out one evening last week hence the dull pics and she sit nicely enough on the H20.

Only problem was a leak where I have attached one of the bilge keels into holes cut in the hull so not sure how to seal those up, Maybe Gloss Varnish Spray and then Matt Spray. its a very very small leak.

Leccys were tested and all was 100%

No Sound unit yet.

Hope to have it sailing under its own power in the next week or so.

img_1186.jpgimg_1180.jpg

Edited By George Norman on 04/04/2022 15:49:06

George Norman
                                  Participant
                                    @georgenorman68347

Some piccys of the crew, As I got most one type of Arm had to Manipulate the White Metal and manged to come up with some different poses.

Still working on these with some Face Shading next.

img_1275.jpg

img_1274.jpg

George Norman
                                    Participant
                                      @georgenorman68347

Good Evening,

Well the big day happened last Saturday. Crew fully trained, Coal loaded and a salute from the Quay side Well Wishers and off she Sailed. Few Tech issues with wires coming loose and I forgot the screws to bolt the Fan onto the Smoke unit but otherwise sailed really nice! Well Happy with it. Few little things left to do but mostly 99% done.

Only down side was the state of the water and underestimating the depth of the mud on the bottom which made me wellies flood as it was a lot deep than it looked!

20220529_114251.jpg

img_3205.jpg

img_3209.jpg

img_3215.jpg

img_3217.jpg

img_3218.jpg

img_3220.jpg

All the best 

George

Edited By George Norman on 30/05/2022 17:08:43

neil hp
                                      Participant
                                        @neilhp

beautiful work, george….a real cracker.

a credit to you…………happy sailing.

Colin Bishop
                                          @colinbishop34627

Looking great George, and sits beautifully in the water. You must be very pleased with her.

Colin

Richard Simpson
                                          Participant
                                            @richardsimpson88330

Absolutely superb. The subdued weathering gives her a perfect level of realism and she sits beautifully on the water. You should rightly feel very proud of her.

George Norman
                                            Participant
                                              @georgenorman68347

Thanks Lads, I am delighted with it, Spent a bit too long building it but its defo worth the slog.

Surprised no one has called me out on the Signal Flags!

Bit is a nod towards my dad, I know they mean other things but it Spells the word 'Tea'

Unfortunately my Dad has MS pretty bad so nice to get out with him every so often but his Reactions are not what they used to be and he rammed the Minesweeper knocking off one of the Gallows into the pond never to be seen again. Email to Mountfleet shortly or a Sheet of Plastic card!

And here he is with said Cuppa.

20220529_114233.jpg Themsthe Breaks.20220529_112123 (1).jpg

Now Will I get that Scharhorn Next!

Richard Simpson
                                              Participant
                                                @richardsimpson88330

Mount Fleet supply spares for their kits so you should be OK.

George Norman
                                                Participant
                                                  @georgenorman68347

Good afternoon,

Here is some short Vids of here Sailing. Smoke unit did not work for some reason or another so need to look at that, Prop shaft was too tight also so need to back off the prop a wee bit. otherwise well pleased.

Mountfield Models Sir Lancelot Minesweeper 1/32 Scale in Action in the Marina Park Cork, Ireland – YouTube

gecon
                                                  Participant
                                                    @gecon

I'm a bit late in 'looking in'. You've done a superb job on this project. As Richard writes, the weathering makes her look really great. well done George.

George!

Viewing 24 posts - 76 through 99 (of 99 total)