Sarik Air Sea Rescue kit build by beginner

Advert

Sarik Air Sea Rescue kit build by beginner

Home Forums Beginners Sarik Air Sea Rescue kit build by beginner

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Tim Moody
    Participant
      @timmoody76107

Fantastic thank you for your help and advise

Advert
      Tim Moody
      Participant
        @timmoody76107

Just a quick question. I am about to cut the holes in the deck and have noticed in your picture that you appear to have cut the rear hole smaller than the full size is there a reason for that as I don't want to mess it up thank you

Dave Reed
        Participant
          @davereed72029

No real reason for the smaller hole – I cut out just enough to access the servo and rudder.

It also let me build up the edges for a raised hatch. rear hatch.jpg

I cut strips about 8mm high and glued them in using the indentation in the deck as a guide. Will make a cover slightly bigger to fit over the top like a shoe box.

Other commitments mean I've not touched this for some time but will try to get back to finish it soon.

Edited By Sinking Feeling on 02/02/2023 15:24:16

Dave Reed
          Participant
            @davereed72029

Tim, it's just occurred to me that if you plan to use a flat panel to fill the space (as per instructions) you will still need a small lip to attach it to.

Not a disaster if you've already cut to much out – you could glue plastic tabs under the edge of the deck to support the panel.

You may also notice from the photo that I've cut the superstructure up to the edge and not left the recommended flange. On my kit it didn't fit very well and I didn't like the look. Fits much better like this, held down with small magnets inside the superstructure and matching ones under the deck.

Edited By Sinking Feeling on 02/02/2023 17:55:45

Tim Moody
            Participant
              @timmoody76107

It does look better without the flange. Never thought of using magnets. Thanks for your help again.

Tim Moody
              Participant
                @timmoody76107

Hi Dave, your idea of the magnets works brilliantly although after I had finished I did wonder if it would affect the rc system any idea on that?

Dave Reed
                Participant
                  @davereed72029

Hi Tim,

the only thing I can think could be affected is the motor as that relies on magnetism to work, but it'll be too far away from the fairly small magnets needed. By the way, not my idea, I picked it up elsewhere (on this forum I think) so other people have done it without issues.

Dave

PS – would be good to see a photo of your build so far.

I experimented with emulsion paint tester pot, much cheaper than 'proper' paint. It worked OK on the horizontal deck but runs quit badly on vertical surfaces once thinned enough for my airbrush.

img_2696.jpg

Viewing 7 posts - 26 through 32 (of 32 total)