Home Forums Scratch build Commodores Challenge

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 376 post (of 376 total)
  • Author
    Bob Mc
    Participant
      @bobmc91481

Thanks Bob / Ashley….

I don't go to Etherow on Tuesdays as that seems to be the Yachting fraternitie's time slot as well as Friday .. I think, but I can say I have met a at least 8 to 10 power boat sailors in the short while I have been a member and there are usually 3,4 or 5 other power boaters there each time so its not been a case of being the only one! .. and friendly helpful chaps they are as well !

I have to say that even when the yachting men have the lake they don't seem to mind my powered boat but I have adjusted my time slots now so as not get in the way.

The cruiser in the photo's above has twin props, the rudder being in between, as a complete beginner I did not realise this was a bad idea! I powered the two motors from one ESC and it became obvious on the first sailing that the steering was rubbish, consequently I put micro switches on each motor feed so that when the rudder was full over it switched off the relevant motor and provided good steering at low speed but its not ideal.

I have now got a "W" tail system which gives proportional control and have yet to try it out… will let you know.

The next project I am on with is this clinker 'Auxilliary' boat from a design by Jim Pottinger, as said in my first post,.. it ain't easy ! but I will persevere unless its obviously a dead duck….pics of the build up to now below.

Rgds..Bob Mc.

dsc_0188.jpg

Checking the keel…made of oak.

dsc_0190.jpg

Making a start planking.

dsc_0191.jpg

Plank fitting ran out of oak and found a piece of mahogany and cut into strips using bandsaw below…

dsc_0193.jpg

dsc_0194.jpg

Advert
    Viewing 376 post (of 376 total)