Wrong Valdivia

Advert

Wrong Valdivia

Home Forums All things floating Wrong Valdivia

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    androot
    Participant
      @androot

Hello fellow modellers. It's been years since my last post and I'm excited to be back. I opened an account on the modelboatwebsite and have been active for some time but since I'm in UK is rings fair for me to come back. I posted a question there which I'd like to post here also and hope none will get insulted, wink wink

Ok, here we go. I have been building Valdivia pretty much from scratch recently using the manual and youtube videos. I stupidly got sucked into a rabbit hope of blindly following what robbe designed. Apart from metal rigging blocks something else wasn't sitting well with me, specially the jib. As I was starting to rig the bowsprit I finally compared the original with the model. I was shocked not only by the revelation but also by my stupidity. Please have a look at the 2nd and the 3rd picture and please shed some light, my fellow builders, on the problem I'm facing. The front is completely inaccurate as far as the foresails are concerned. Another (alleged) mistake is the position of the spreaders which makes the top masts to long.
      Can any of you distinguished sailors see any benefit for robbe to implement those changes.
      I'm really now planning to rig it correctly but it might be a bad idea from a practical standpoint.

I'm sorry for lack of pictures but I have no idea why this site makes it soooo difficult. I hope I can upload some soon.

Stay floating

Advert
      androot
      Participant
        @androot
        neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

I'm pretty useless with technology at nearly 72……………..but i have no problem what so ever after following Colin Bishops instructions as posted in paragraph 1 of th first section on here

androot
          Participant
            @androot

Thank you for your reply, Neil but I don't know where 1st section is. Embarassing isn't it?

Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

It's here Androot:

**LINK**

Colin

androot
              Participant
                @androot
                Posted by androot on 19/02/2023 15:23:26:

Thank you Colin,

I'm on it now

segl201m.jpg

img-20230205-wa0015.jpg

img_20230122_113111.jpg

img_20230218_173903.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)