Winter 2020 Magazine

Advert

Winter 2020 Magazine

Home Forums Soapbox Winter 2020 Magazine

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    The Long Build
    Participant
      @thelongbuild
      Advert
      The Long Build
      Participant
        @thelongbuild

Just wondering if there is going to be a Winter 2020 edition. ?

Also nice to see things getting posted again on FB.

Chris Fellows
        Participant
          @chrisfellows72943

I should think so. Two reasons, if taking out a subscription it says you will receive 13 magazines per year and we were told that the missed magazines would be added to the subscription, as one would expect, so contractually there should be one.

I'm also wondering what is going to happen to the digital editions. I subscribe to those and am already having problems accessing archived ones again and am wondering what effect that Flash Player not being supported after December is going to have?

Chris

Edited By Chris Fellows on 31/10/2020 01:36:56

Chris E
          Participant
            @chrise

The winter special, if it exists, will surely be the "next issue" in the current issue as it follows the November issue. Perhaps someone with the new issue can tell us.

As I understand it HTML5 will, and for many sites already has, replaced flash player.

As they will need to arrange the change for digital subscriptions, which are surely the most profitable way to distribute the magazine, I don't see back issues being a great problem.

Or am I being naive?

Edited By Chris E on 31/10/2020 07:19:08

Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

The November issue mentions the December issue as the next one. This ties in with my unofficial understanding that there will be no Wimter Special this year but I believe it is scheduled for next year at the moment.

But of course the Covid situation could impact on that so who knows for certain?

Issues with accessing the digital editions have been covered in other posts.

Colin

Empire Parkstone
              Participant
                @empireparkstone

Flash isn't just unsupported it will be removed

Chris Fellows
                Participant
                  @chrisfellows72943

As has been mentioned in previous discussions on this, there are much greater things to worry about and thankfully production of the magazine has started again but as seems likely then, there will be no Winter Edition then that means I will be only getting 12 rather than the 13 that is stated in the subscribe link unless an extra one is added to this years subscription along with the delayed ones?

I'll drop an email and ask the question.

I'm not really that bothered more interested really, but it's raining and apart from building there's not much else I can do. Though I suppose I could finish reading the last mag!

Chris

The Long Build
                  Participant
                    @thelongbuild

Will be interesting to hear the response to your email as even in the Nov mag the subs page makes mention of 13 issues.

But with latest Covid updates it is going to be a trying year for individuals and business alike.

Chris E
                    Participant
                      @chrise

I wonder if this is connected to the unique (as far as I know) 5 week gap between magazine issues that I reported previously.

5 week Model Boats Gap

After Boris at 1600hrs today we might all have something else to worry about.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)