Underwater rc

Advert

Underwater rc

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Underwater rc

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Brian Muir
    Participant
      @brianmuir84327

2,4GHz underwater

Advert
      Brian Muir
      Participant
        @brianmuir84327

I'm planning to build the U-Bootee simple dynamic diving rc submarine, plans in MB 862.

I have a Radio Link Controller with a Radio Link R7EH receiver with an 8cm aerial which includes the 2.6cm "real" aerial at the end.

Can I detach the correct aerial, solder a length of wire onto the receiver and then add the correct aerial to the end of the wire, so I could extend the aerial up a periscope tube the model, allowing the signals to reach the receiver? It would have to be 15cm – 20cm in length to work.

If not can I buy a receiver with an extended aerial?

The plans suggest using a 27MHz or 40MHz RC outfit, but I can't see where these might be available.

neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

2.4 ghz is shunned by sub mariners, as at best the signal becomes hazy, but is salt water it is totally useless.

i foud this out some years ago when i bought 3 new sets to use on 3 classic old lifeboays i had built, and due to their nature the receivers were buried inside the grp hull under the level of the water line. from the video of one boat you can see the boat stopping, starting and going in reverce as well as firward, with no help from me.

Mary Stanford, a model lifeboat – YouTube

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

At least with a dynamic submarine, if you should have any problems the model should come to the surface. Even in the event of the power remaining on, once the battery has died it should again come to the surface.

Basically there is nothing to loose by experimenting with it to see just what happens. 40mhz sets do crop up on Ebay so its worth keeping an eye out there as well.

ashley needham
            Participant
              @ashleyneedham69188

Brian. I think that the 8cm length is ALL the aerial, and is a tuned length item. it MAY be possible to double the length, but you would have to experiment with that.

Ashley

Colin Bishop
                @colinbishop34627

27Mhz sets are probaly OK and cheaper to pick up.

Colin

Trevor Drabble 1
                Participant
                  @trevordrabble1

Brian , Am sure I got a brand new , old but unused , 27Mhz Sanwa set in its original packaging if you are interested. If so , will try and post pics ( not one of my strong points!).

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)