Motor – Only runs in one direction

Advert

Motor – Only runs in one direction

Home Forums R/C & Accessories Motor – Only runs in one direction

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    David Marks 2
    Participant
      @davidmarks2

I have just bench tested the electrical installation of my latest creation and everything functioning correctly apart form the electric motor which runs in one direction only. I firstly substituted a different Mtronics ESC and then a different motor but the problem still exists. I can obtain another transmitter of the same type (Planet T5) and give that a try. Anyone gone any bright ideas, please? Many thanks.

Advert
      David Marks 2
      Participant
        @davidmarks2
        Chris E
        Participant
          @chrise

Well if swopping both the motor and the esc dosn't improve the situation it is a setting in the transmitter. As I dont own a Planet I cannot really help with settings.

Looking at the transmitter is the stick "normal" ie is all the different throttle settings in half of the stick travel & the other half does nothing or does it take the whole of the stick travel to execute the one direction throttle?

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

Sounds to me like the transmitter is set up as either an aircraft controller or as a sail winch controller. As Chris suggests does the stick centralise?

David Marks 2
            Participant
              @davidmarks2

Using the full travel of the stick the motor runs from nil revs to full revs. I have also tried switching from left stick to right stick and exactly the same problem. The only difference being the right stick goes back to the mid point when released.

neil hp
              Participant
                @neilhp

dont wish to be a killjoy guys, but there is a specific slot for questions and problems like this, but not in "scratch building"

Could Colin please put it in the right slot. not that i am picky, but i just dont understand or really have any input in electrical or electronics problems, but that is where i would go and ask if i did. cheers.

R/C & Accessories
                Bought a new piece of kit, or looking for advice on equipment?

Topic moved – Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 24/08/2022 13:09:07

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Looks like your TX is set up with the ratchet on the left hand stick. There was a centering spring conversion for this set, you may be able to get hold of one online somewhere.

would have expected there to be something about this in the manual. However the issue may be with the speed control depending on the type. Some Mtronics ESCs need to be set up to establish the neutral position:

file:///C:/Users/cvabi/Downloads/VIPERLVManual_2.pdf

others are Plug 'n Play

file:///C:/Users/cvabi/Downloads/ViperPNPManual_2.pdf

In both cases the stick needs to be in the neutral position when switching on.

Check out the manual instructions above if you haven't already done so.

Colin

Brian Sweeting 2
                  Participant
                    @briansweeting2
                    Posted by David Marks 1 on 24/08/2022 12:51:22:

Using the full travel of the stick the motor runs from nil revs to full revs. I have also tried switching from left stick to right stick and exactly the same problem. The only difference being the right stick goes back to the mid point when released.

Seem like your right hand stick is set up for throttle control, try changing the leads over.

David Marks 2
                    Participant
                      @davidmarks2

Many thanks for you replies. I believe it is something quite simple to remedy so have pressed on making the installation in the hull after which I will endeavour to remedy the problem. I will post again when I have established the remedy. Regards – David Marks

Cecil Webb
                      Participant
                        @cecilwebb96087

Hope that you will establish the remedy successfully and effectively.

Don't forget to post after that.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)