Members TOP 20

Advert

Members TOP 20

Home Forums Soapbox Members TOP 20

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)
  • Author
    neil hp
    Participant
      @neilhp

can I ask what all this is about………my simple little brain can’t work ouit what is going on, and i really would like to know before i curl my little toes up for the night……

Advert
      Vinnie Branigan
      Participant
        @vinniebranigan92297

Of course you can ask Neil.

Vinnie 

neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

thankyou Vinnie,,,,,,,,,,,i know my place.

can go to bed now, totally puzzled. nighty night.

Vinnie Branigan
          Participant
            @vinniebranigan92297

To tell the truth Neil….not really sure meself?   It’s all become a little abstract?  But I think the small section bottom left showing a sort of ‘Top User’s’ list has ruffled a few feathers.  Look quick though…..it’s about to dissapear!

Vinnie 

neil hp
            Participant
              @neilhp

aww, leave it on for a few more days.vinnie don’t know what i’ve done to be in number two spot, whether good or bad…….. but i haven’t been that high up in class since junior school in woodwork.. was quite enjoying the accolade…….lol

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Bob

In simple terms I object most strongly to being judged and categorized by anonymous people who were using some vague scoring system, after all what makes me better or worse than anyone else.You might consider it to be tripe but at least you are free to express that opinion without worrying if your comments might affect your position on some arbitrary scoring system. I do fear that this feature would alienate so many members that our forum would be reduced to a few competitive individuals and the true intent of the site would be lost.I hope that you and the other members understand my point of view, however if you still consider my comments to be tripe then by all means ask Vinnie to reinstate the feature.

Paul

Bob Abell 2
                Participant
                  @bobabell2

Now look here!…..Read my post again….then tell me that it wasn`t YOU who started all this!

When are we going to find out what all that tripe meant?

Could it have been a virus?

Bob

Paul T
                  Participant
                    @pault84577

No Bob its not a virus.

Yes I started this thread off after seeing the feature in the bottom left of the home page, in my fumble fingered way I was trying to make a joke of what I perceived to be an unwise piece of editorial (not Vinnies fault) and in a light hearted way to bring it to everyone’s attention.

The piece about fdfdgd was to highlight the feature so that others could make up their own minds.

However it would seem that I have aimed to high and you have missed the point, for which I apologize so I shall try to explain what this tripe meant in a nutshell:

What makes Bob the third better than Ducky?

If you don’t consider yourself better than your friend then who else has the right to make that level of judgment.

I sincerely hope that you understand how insidious this type of competitive rivalry can be and yes Vinnie it has ruffled my feathers and I know that you can understand why.

Paul

Bob Abell 2
                    Participant
                      @bobabell2

Hello Paul

Just come back from a short holiday and missed your latest message

I thought it was just a bit of fun…….but it got your back up alright!

Let`s put it all behind us and forget it?

Bob

Paul T
                      Participant
                        @pault84577

Hi Bob

As always you are the perfect gent, yes I did get a bee in my bonnet (old fool that I am)

Have you seen Eddies posting of yesterday regarding ph bronze? I suggested that you were the man to answer his question.

I hope that you had a nice break.

All the best

Paul

Bob Abell 2
                        Participant
                          @bobabell2

Hello Paul

Yes……I`ve answered Eddies query about Ph Bronze……..I`m flattered that you thought of me!

I can`t see Eddie`s original posting though?

The break was nice but the wind was really bad……..it never stopped…..in Barmouth and Bennllech…so we came home! ……There wasn`t a yacht to be seen at Beaumaris!

Bob

neil hp
                          Participant
                            @neilhp

If the wind was that bad Bob, STOP eating the beans and brussel sprouts….told you before about that!!!!

ARH
                            Participant
                              @arh

After reading all threads on the 2 page,s I think its time to have a whisky before I go to bed.

Paul T
                              Participant
                                @pault84577

Hi Bob

I used to sail near Beaumaris on weekends or spend longer breaks sailing around Anglesea and have spent many happy hours in "Dickies" boat yard in Bangor. I could always be guaranteed a great days sailing on Menai Straights and a nice evening drink in the Antelope Pub next to the old Menai Bridge.

Happy days.

Dear ARH

I hope that you enjoyed your whisky before bed, I trust that it was a decent malt….

Paul

Mike Davidson
                                Participant
                                  @mikedavidson22772

My granddaughter told me this one,  LOLOAQICI82QB4IP

All I can see in the other one isGood Day For Going Down etc.etc.etc.

Paul T
                                  Participant
                                    @pault84577

Top of the Flops

Viewing 16 posts - 26 through 41 (of 41 total)