Marine Terminology

Advert

Marine Terminology

Home Forums All things floating Marine Terminology

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Richard Simpson
    Participant
      @richardsimpson88330

Jim made a very valid point recently that some of the terminology used by those of us lucky to have had a life at sea can sometimes slide into using terms that are not always recognised by those of us who didn’t.  A number of years ago I assembled a collection of marine terminology terms from a number of sources and put it together in a single document which is now available for viewing as a Feature article from the main menu here:

Marine Terminology

It can also be downloaded from the Document Gallery here:

https://www.modelboats.co.uk/members/richardsimpson88330/mediapress/marine-terminology/

I have compiled this for reference and interest of anyone who might want to look something up.  It is mostly terms that we might come across in modelling, so tends to be structural hence I’ve stayed away from the engineering specific terms.

So unfortunately you are not going to get the giggle of “Pet Cocks”, “Brass Nipples” or “Male /Female” fittings Etc…etc…

Apologies for any mistakes, perceived or otherwise, this may have been in the original documentation, as a result of my rewriting or my own understanding does not match someone else’s.

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627

After discussion with Richard I have moved the dictionary to the Features section; link in post above or select from Main Menu.

This topic will just act as a reference to the feature article and is now locked.

Colin

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
      • The topic ‘Marine Terminology’ is closed to new replies.

Code of conduct | Forum Help/FAQs

Advert

Latest Replies

Home Forums All things floating Topics

Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)
      Viewing 25 topics - 1 through 25 (of 25 total)

View full reply list.

Advert