Gorilla Wood Glue

Advert

Gorilla Wood Glue

Home Forums Scratch build Gorilla Wood Glue

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    David Marks 2
    Participant
      @davidmarks2

Has anyone tried this product? I have been using aliphatic type PVA for some time and been very pleased with it, but my current supply which is from the Jim Perkins (JP) range is about to run out . The advantage of the Gorilla brand is that it is about 50% cheaper and more readily available i.e. it is stocked by my local Srewfix.

Advert
      David Marks 2
      Participant
        @davidmarks2
        ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Good stuff, reasonable waterproof. Very strong. Don’t hesitate!

Its not alphabetic of course, and as I have never used alphabetic glue I could not advise on the difference.

Ashley

Charles Oates
          Participant
            @charlesoates31738

Glue choice often gets different answers, it's not just a matter of how good a glue is, but how comfortable you are working with it. Both Gorilla glue and aliphatic resin glues are popular choices, and with good reason, they both work well. I can only say that you should get some and try it, if it suits your way of working and whatever woods etc you use that's great. Most of us use a range of glues anyway, according to which bit of the model we are working on.

Among my modeling mates, they use everything from cyanno, to cheap shop pva and I've never seen a model fall apart yet.

Chas

Kev.W
            Participant
              @kev-w

I use the blue Evo Stick, it works out cheaper than Gorilla, easy to work & is paintable. Evo Stick blue

Edited By Kip Woods on 15/11/2020 09:58:22

ashley needham
              Participant
                @ashleyneedham69188

Chas has it. Almost anything is fair game on wood especially. Ashley

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)