Dust Extractor Advice

Advert

Dust Extractor Advice

Home Forums Beginners Dust Extractor Advice

• This topic has 8 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 5 months ago by Chris Fellows.
Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Chris Fellows
    Participant
      @chrisfellows72943

I’ve thought about getting one before but reading Richard’s workshop article recently prompted me to have another look.

Richard, I guess the Draper model you have is no longer available as a Google threw up nothing similar?

I don’t need much capacity and don’t have the space anyway so don’t want anything too big. It will be used periodically for my scroll saw and less so the band saw.

Nothing leapt out at me when searching so any recommendations would be welcome.

Chris

Advert
      Len Morris 2
      Participant
        @lenmorris2

Hi Chris,

Just for periodic use can’t just you muckle up your vacuum cleaner with a bit of tape and a rubber pipe.  Bit fiddley and noisy but it does do the job.

Len

Chris Fellows
        Participant
          @chrisfellows72943

Yeah, thought about that Len but thought I’d go for something better. But having said that last vacuum I bought after expensive Dysons was a Henry which is brilliant so might just get another one of those and use that.

To be honest I use the scroll saw the most and that doesn’t produce much sawdust anyway.

Chris

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

Chris, This is the chap I bought:

Draper Vac

Bit cheaper here:

Draper Vac 2

Or direct from Draper the most expensive:

Draper Vac 3

Chris Fellows
            Participant
              @chrisfellows72943

Thanks Richard.

That’s great, good prices as well and it’s always useful to have a wet and dry.

Chris

Richard Simpson
              Participant
                @richardsimpson88330

You can get it at Machine Mart as well but its £134.00 there.

Len Morris 2
                Participant
                  @lenmorris2

A long time ago you could pick up an old cylinder vac at a junk//charity shop for next to nothing.  They were rubbish and outdated for house cleaning but ideal for the work shop.  Now they have all vanished due to HSE, PAP testing, warranty and legal responsibility.  Welcome to the the new world. 🙂

Richard Simpson
                  Participant
                    @richardsimpson88330

You can get a vac a lot cheaper than those shown but the great advantage of that particular model is the built in socket to enable the attached device, i.e. power saw, to control the vacuum cleaner as well.

Chris Fellows
                    Participant
                      @chrisfellows72943

Ordered one earlier from Power Tools Direct for £74.69 plus £6.95 postage and packing.

Was hoping my local Toolstation would have one as per Richard’s second link but no luck and it’s saying stock clearance.

Thanks again, Chris

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)