Covid update

Advert

Covid update

Home Forums Soapbox Covid update

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Paul T
    Participant
      @pault84577
      Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Not trusting the governments early ending to the lock down I get ready for my first trip to the shops in 14 weeks.

ppe.jpeg

How is everyone getting on with our enforced isolation?

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

They had the same problem back around the time of the Trojan War Paul.

Colin

armour.jpg

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

Paul. But does your bum look big in that?.

Ashley

Dave Milbourn
            Participant
              @davemilbourn48782

You seem to have bucked the lockdown trend and lost weight, Doc – and blue is SOOOOOO you, ducky!

I'm going to the hairdressers on 10th July! I'm counting the days down until then. To think that when I was 18 I couldn't wait for school to end and I could grow my hair…..

haircut, sir.jpg

Dave M

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Hi Colin

Nice picture, I bet it looked amazing when it was shiny and new with all of its leather pieces intact.

Ashley

My bum looks big in everything.

Dave

I never thought blue would suit me, I bought a clever hair cutting machine from Amazon so now I can cut my own hair, (what hair I have left). I got fed up of shaving so my beard is coming on nicely, given another 6 months and I will look like Uncle Albert

Paul

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Paul,

I think we all looked better when we were shiny and new (sigh).

But maybe Dave just had a bit of a fuzz.

Colin

ashley needham
                  Participant
                    @ashleyneedham69188

DM, have you been swigging hair restorer instead of JD????///

Ashley

Paul T
                    Participant
                      @pault84577

A very old joke

An old man was riding his bike along the A1 when his chain broke, he couldn’t repair it and was miles from anywhere, so he started pushing his bike on his long trip to civilisation.

It starts raining hard and the poor old man struggles against the wind and rain, then a Ferrari pulls up and a concerned young man asks if he can help, when he realises that the bike isn’t repairable and won’t fit in his car he offers to tow the old man to the next town.

The young man promises to drive slowly but tells the old man to ring his bell if the tow becomes too fast.

Everything is fine for the first couple of miles as the tow proceeds at a comfortable 20mph then a Lamborghini overtakes the old man and makes a rude gesture to the driver of the Ferrari.

The Lamborghini takes off like a rocket with the Ferrari in hot pursuit.

Meanwhile a couple of miles down the road a Police car sits quietly in a layby when the Lamborghini flashes past, as the Police car starts the Ferrari roars past.

“Did you see that Sarge” says one of the officers “they must be doing 120” the Sergeant replies “Yes but what got me was the old guy on the bike ringing his bell and trying to pass the pair of them”

ashley needham
                      Participant
                        @ashleyneedham69188

When Nelson died he only stood 5 foot tall.

Now he stands in Trafalgar square and he is 15 foot tall….that`s Horatio of 3:1.

Ashley (Sorry)

Colin Bishop
                          @colinbishop34627

Ouch!

Bob Wilson
                          Participant
                            @bobwilson59101

I have been watching the new cases every day in Bournemouth ever since 500,000 of them went to the beach. The most new cases have never been more than 6 per day, and most of the time, it has been one or two, with lots of no new cases at all!

Here in Preston, we are still hovering around 20 new cases a day.

Figure that one out!

Colin Bishop
                              @colinbishop34627

Northern hospitality?

Colin

gecon
                              Participant
                                @gecon

Salty sea-weedy breeze is healthier than the breeze in Preston? Folk went to the seaside for a 'cure' in the old days. Not for this particular 'pest' though.

George

Chris E
                                Participant
                                  @chrise
                                  Posted by Bob Wilson on 29/07/2020 14:13:49:

I have been watching the new cases every day in Bournemouth ever since 500,000 of them went to the beach. The most new cases have never been more than 6 per day, and most of the time, it has been one or two, with lots of no new cases at all!

Here in Preston, we are still hovering around 20 new cases a day.

Figure that one out!

They took it home with them?

Wait 3 weeks from the exposure date & see what happens to older contacts of those on the beach.

Edited By Chris E 1 on 29/07/2020 16:32:31

Bob Wilson
                                  Participant
                                    @bobwilson59101

I have already done that. They went to the beach on the 26th June last, it is now one month and three days!

Colin Bishop
                                      @colinbishop34627

The majority of those people on the beach at Bournemouth were from outside the area. It was reported that many came from as far away as Birmingham and all points in between. So any upsurge in cases will have been spread around Southern England up to the south Midlands.

The locals were appalled at the invasion.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 30/07/2020 15:08:21

Bob Wilson
                                      Participant
                                        @bobwilson59101

That would explain it – The amount of rubbish they left was dreadful – We are now averaging about 15 new cases a day up here. Haven't been in town since March. The supermarket scene is better than normal as long as I am there when it opens at 0800. Practically deserted and no queues at that time. In the unlikely event of things going back to normal, I will carry on with this early morning shopping.

Bob

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)