Coast Guard Picket Boat

Advert

Coast Guard Picket Boat

Home Forums Build Blogs Coast Guard Picket Boat

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    neil hp
    Participant
      @neilhp

i built a model of an ST 200 some time ago.

the plans were from the stable of John Parker, and were superb plans indeed.

the reason i was to build this particular boat was because i had been asked to build one in the guise of the Guernsey St Johns ambulance launch Flying Christine, which they have on display in Guernsey Airport in a glass case as a huge collecting box for the charity, and so i made the Guernsey boat as a plug for taking grp moulds.

the second boat i made for my younger daughter as an heirloom, lol.

it was the first time that i had built a wooden boat in many years for display………….all others were just used as grp plugs for moulding, but i found it both a very nice hull to make and a pleasure to build.

my normal builds are lifeboats based on my scratch build ghrp hulls, but as i am nearing the end of a lifeboat build i fancied something similar to the ST200, and when i saw a Model Boats mag from 2014 with the coast guard launch, i immediately fell for its "simplicity", and decided to build it next on the slip.

so! i bought the plans from Sarick after Colin Bishop's help pointing me in the right direction [ haven'img_7339.jpgt arrived yet] and the magazine containing the invaluable build details…..the magazine has arrived.

so hopefully once my two lifeboats are finished in the new year, i shall start on something completely different.

watch this space in the new year.

Advert
      neil hp
      Participant
        @neilhp

full build from plug, through grp moulds to finish.

Yabbie1
        Participant
          @yabbie1

1060_9x6_bw.jpgG'day Neil, I am sure you will enjoy building and operating the USCG Picket Boat; it remains a favourite of my fleet and gets a frequent work-out, pandemic permitting. It is a straightforward build but it is worth spending a lot of time on the wheelhouse windows to get them looking right. Good luck, Yabbie1

neil hp
          Participant
            @neilhp

thanks mate……….your boat looks absolutely stunning, and i am looking forward to starting my build next year after my lifeboats are finished.

i built Johns ST200 some time back and it was a real nice change from lifeboats, and when i saw this on the front of the model boats mag a couple of weeks ago, i thought it would be a good addition to my fleet. thanks for posting the picture…….love it even more.

by the way, your forum name brings back memories of a lovely day i, my mate Sully [Pete sullivan] and two lady friends spent yabbie hunting in a rocky stream that ran through his dads farm in Lismore NSW in summer 1977.

we found a few, and after keeping them in a bucket for a couple of hours, let them all scamper away again under the nearest rocks they could find………..halcyon days and fond memories,

take care, and stay safe.your picture has given me much encouragement. thanks. neil.

Yabbie1
            Participant
              @yabbie1

Your kind words have wheedled a few more photos from my 'stable' – see my album and Merry Christmas! John.

0929_9x6.jpg

neil hp
              Participant
                @neilhp

thanks John…..she is gorgeous…….just hope i can do mine justice.

great photos. thanks.

and all the best to you too………i know where i would rather be at this time of the year, and its not a cold wet dank north west england. lol. take care and stay safe.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)