choosing suitable electric motors

Advert

choosing suitable electric motors

Home Forums R/C & Accessories choosing suitable electric motors

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Barry Parsons 1
    Participant
      @barryparsons1

Ladies and Gents, I am very new to model boating and need advice as to which electric motor would suit my first build ..Occre Ulises Tug boat. As model shops remain closed i turn to all you wonderful modellers and whittlers for your first hand knowledge and unbiased opinions.

Regards

Advert
      Barry Parsons 1
      Participant
        @barryparsons1
        Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Hi Barry,,

You should get some advice on this from our members. Your tug is 800mm long and 180mm wide.

Hobbies of Norfolk sell this model and rccommend a 600 type motor but you might be better off buying from Howes Models which looks rather cheaper!

**LINK**

Colin

Charles Oates
          Participant
            @charlesoates31738

Good morning Barry, welcome to the forum. The Ulises makes up into an attractive model, I hope you enjoy the build.

Medium size tugs like this need a motor that favours torque rather than revs, so it can swing a decent size propeller and if you are new to model boats, it's easy to get confused over the weird labeling on most of them. I could go on about various motors and how a 600 size motor includes some totally unsuitable racing types, but I won't. To make this easy, there are a few good motors, but I would use a Mabuchi 540 noise attenuated ( not any other type of 540 motor) suplied by a company called component shop, it costs about 9 pounds with mount. Mr google will take you to it. Similar motors are available from other places, but sometimes the specification will vary for a similar name, that's why I've specified the component shop one.

No doubt other people on here will have alternative ideas, so you should get some choice.

Good luck with the build, if you've any problems just ask on here.

Charles

Edited By Charles Oates on 01/04/2021 10:13:52

Barry Parsons 1
            Participant
              @barryparsons1

Many thanks Charles and Colin for very prompt replies. Knowing nothing about this, what i hope turns out to be a great hobby. this will give me a good start to research.

Regards

Barry

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)