Amati Hannah ship in a bottle

Advert

Amati Hannah ship in a bottle

Home Forums Static modelling Amati Hannah ship in a bottle

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)
  • Author
    Banjoman
    Participant
      @banjoman

Hello Jeremy,

Based on my (rather limited) experience of scratchbuilding a couple of ships in bottles as a teenager, quite a few years ago now, I would have tried glueing them on with a thin, continous bead of a clear-drying glue of some kind. Standard PVA wood glue should, I think, work allright.

However, master miniature ship model builder Bob Wilson, also active on this forum, writes in his excellent e-book on miniature sailing ship construction (**LINK**) that he uses Bondloc Contact Adhesive (I suppose this one: http://www.bondloc.co.uk/construction-range/bondloc-bcon-contact-adhesive) to glue sails to stays and yards. I have never tried this particular glue myself, but given the quality of Bob's work, I rather suspect it might be quite the bee's knees for the kind of job you have in mind …

Mattias

Edited By Banjoman on 06/02/2017 09:05:50

Advert
      michael kemish
      Participant
        @michaelkemish72883

I know this is a very old thread, and as I'm looking to buy this same kit, my question is……….

Has any one ever finished this little project???

I've looked at a few different forums, and there seem to be a few issues with the kit, but no-one ever seems to get to the end, and have a finished model.

I would be interested to see a build log, that comes to a happy ending!!

Thanks,

Mick

ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Hi Mick. It is a bit frustrating when threads are not updated with a conclusion. It would be nice if people could update help or request threads, if nothing else it shows that our (collective) sage advice holds good, or not.

OR, if people have found the answer they were loooking for and add to the collective knowledge in the process.

Sadly I do not bottle ships so am of no use.

Ashley

michael kemish
          Participant
            @michaelkemish72883

Thank you Ashley,

Mick

Viewing 4 posts - 26 through 29 (of 29 total)