27mhz or 40mhz what does it mean

Advert

27mhz or 40mhz what does it mean

Home Forums R/C & Accessories 27mhz or 40mhz what does it mean

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jake Knight
    Participant
      @jakeknight71345

can anyone help,

i would like to know the difference between 27mhz and 40mhz

jake

Advert
      Malcolm Frary
      Participant
        @malcolmfrary95515

These are the bands that the radios work in.  Each band has several channels.  27MHz is a general purose band, we use one end, things like CB use the other.  40MHz is dedicated to surface model use.

27MHz channels are colour coded, 40MHz use the significant numbers from the actual broadcast frequency to identify the channel being used.  The channels are selected by the use of crystals in pairs, one for the transmitter, one for the receiver.  You cannot put a 40MHz crystal into a 27MHz set and expect it to work, and vice-versa. 

Many of the radios in RTR sets are designed with economy in mind, resulting in compromised performance.  They do not usually specify what channel in the band they use, because they use all of them at low power which usually results in them ceasing to work when a "proper" hobby quality set is switched on anywhere within range.

Jake Knight
        Participant
          @jakeknight71345

thanks malcolm it come to use as i wanted to buy a futaba set i put an order in today

Jake Knight
          Participant
            @jakeknight71345
          Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)