Why no ‘see new posts’?

Advert

Why no ‘see new posts’?

Home Forums News and Feedback Why no ‘see new posts’?

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    Dave Smith 17
    Participant
      @davesmith17

I still cannot find a way to see news posts since I last visited the forum. I have used many forums covering various subjects for many years, and this is the only one that does not have a ‘see posts since last visit’ button.

I am a keen model boater, and would like to be able to keep up with what is being discussed by my fellow modellers, but without this function, the forum is, in my opinion, useless.

Advert
      Richard Simpson
      Participant
        @richardsimpson88330

We all see a list of the latest posts at the bottom of the main page.  It shows the last 25 posts made.  If you don’t then maybe your browser or operating system isn’t showing it.

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Dave,

When you go into the Forum there is a blue button top left titled Latest Replies which is in effect latest posts. This takes you to the bottom of the page for the 25 posts mentioned by Richard above.

I’m afraid it is not last posts since your personal last visit but it is the same as on the old Forum – a list of the latest posts. Most people find that sufficient.

Colin

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

And with the current rate of posting the last entry on the list was posted a week ago so, for now at least, you have visibility on the front page of the last week’s posts!  Maybe if the posting rate should increase that range will fall a little but I think a conservative estimate would be that there will always be a few days worth of posts visible on the main page.

Can you see that list Dave?

David Marks 2
            Participant
              @davidmarks2

All I do is to go into “Forums” and the click “Latest Replies” TWICE, which gives the most recent reply in pole position.

Dave Smith 17
              Participant
                @davesmith17

Yes, I can see it but had assumed (incorrectly) that it meant latest replies to whatever I had posted. I stand (well, sitting slumped on a sofa) corrected.

Thank you all for your help.

Dave Smith 17
                Participant
                  @davesmith17

Now that you good people have helped me find the equivalent to ‘see new posts’ could someone tell me how to search the forum as I simply cannot find a search function.

I am ten days away from official retirement age, so perhaps my brain has already ceased to function!

Dave Smith 17
                  Participant
                    @davesmith17

I’ve just stumbled up a search function, hopefully I’ll get the hang of this eventually. I have been using forums for years, not sure why I find this one so tricky.

bodach
                    Participant
                      @bodach

I never noticed it either.

Colin Bishop
                        @colinbishop34627

Yes, there are still some minor quirks to be addressed.

Colin

Dave Smith 17
                        Participant
                          @davesmith17

The search function seems to work as expected, and brings up results going back years, which is helpful, but it is only visible when viewing ‘latest replies’.

Richard Simpson
                          Participant
                            @richardsimpson88330

I must admit I always found the old search function quirky to say the least!  I haven’t tried this one yet.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)