Topgun Maverick

Advert

Topgun Maverick

Home Forums Soapbox Topgun Maverick

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ray Wood 3
    Participant
      @raywood3

Hi all,

I have been between boat projects for a few weeks, so not boring you guys to death with another boat build, I thought you maybe interested in the current feature film by Tom Cruise a follow up to the original 1986 film. It only has minimal CGI and green screen filming, most of the cast are actually in F18 Super Hornets and is a brilliant film, best thing I've seen since Saving Private Ryan ! I'd recommend you to go and see it on the big screen before they take it off

A change is as good as a rest !!

Don't poo poo plastic kit building this Tomcat has taken me quite a while so far, don't worry folks I'll be back on the boat building soon tomcat f15a.jpg

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 07/07/2022 20:04:37

Advert
      Ray Wood 3
      Participant
        @raywood3

Tom Cruise – Film

ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Needs an aircraft carrier, Ray…..

6 sheets of 4×8 ply should do as the deck.

Ashley

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

We have one of the oldest cinemas in the country in the next village, which will have been showing films for 100 years in just a couple of months time. Yes, it still has an organ that comes out of the floor.

We went to watch Top Gun a couple of weeks ago and I must admit I was a bit apprehensive as to whether it was going to live up to expectations as I remember the first one very fondly. I used to watch it at home on my video cassette, which was plumbed into the music centre, so the noise was pretty erm, immersive! I needn't have worried I thoroughly enjoyed the new version and was just as blown away with the aircraft scenes as I was the first time.

Looking forward to seeing what you do with the Tomcat Ray, it looks like a good size kit.

By the way I've always believed that Saving Private Ryan should be compulsory viewing for all kids!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)