The sensational Sea Gull

Advert

The sensational Sea Gull

Home Forums Soapbox The sensational Sea Gull

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Paul T
    Participant
      @pault84577

Ashley / Trevor

I really enjoyed reading about your trip down memory lane and the subject matter is just amazing, I have never seen this design before and I think that Victor was onto something.

A cross between a ground effect design and artdeco furniture.

You two have produced a trio of thought provoking models and I can certainly see what Victor was aiming for.

Looking at the design with fresh eyes I believe that the lack of speed and 'airborne' stability problems could be solved by using two side by side motors and two of your 'leg drives' as two drive units would provide the speed to lift the boat out of the water and give the boat a more stable platform reducing the need for aircraft type control surfaces.

Paul

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577
        ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Thank you.

Ah yes Paul, however, the one motor was all he had so that`s what we built (not to give the game away too much).

Keeping something like that JUST above the water and not realising serious cavitation…..? Difficult.

We had a good go at it, and the things are quite fast. Will try to video at some point.

Ashley

Trevor Holloway
          Participant
            @trevorholloway99134

Paul,

Hydrofoils were also considered but wanted to follow the original design layout as far as possible.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)