Stick it!

Advert

Stick it!

Home Forums Soapbox Stick it!

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Dave Reed
    Participant
      @davereed72029

Popped into Poundland yesterday, can sometimes find a bargain.

Epoxy glue, £1 instead of the usual £5-£6 for branded stuff. A bit awkward to get into – you have to snap out a little tab between the plungers and cut the cap off the applicator end with side-cutters or similar. It's not fast curing, takes a few hours but sometimes that can be an advantage. Doesn't say on the pack how much is in it but size is similar to other syringe type epoxy.

poundland.jpg

Also got some little clamps (4 for £1) good for up to about 3/4 inch, any thicker and they tend to slip off. A steel 24" rule, quite thin but a straight cutting edge for longish parts (you've guessed it, £1).

Bargain!

Advert
      Dave Reed
      Participant
        @davereed72029
        Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi Dave,

The Poundland epoxy has been a bargain for many years and was a good 5 minute epoxy, but they changed the formula about a year ago to be slow setting

So now for fast setting jobs I use Gorilla epoxy £6 – 7 !!

Regards Ray

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

I bought a two-foot stainless ruler from Poundland a while ago, because it was very thin, and curved around surfaces unlike a solid one, but more controllable than a retracting rule.

Ashley

Dave Reed
            Participant
              @davereed72029

sounds like the same one Ashley, at about 4p per inch with 60 free centimetres on the back you got yourself a bargain.

Dave

neil hp
              Participant
                @neilhp

Must go there on wednesday………….need another steel rule and some more clamps.

David Marks 2
                Participant
                  @davidmarks2

I find Lidl products to be very good. I now use their two-pack epoxy in both fast and slow setting. Their tools are also excellent and if you are still using micrometers and old style vernier calipers, then try switching to the 0 – 150 mm digital calipers from Lidl @ £9:99.

Chris E
                  Participant
                    @chrise

I know quick set epoxy is useful but I have never been happy about it being very water proof. I must give the new longer setting variety a try which hopefully will be waterproof.

I will also have a look at the "flexible" 60cm rule. If I can arrange a non slip thin stick on back I would find it very useful.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)