Sails for Mantua 1/200 HMS Victory

Advert

Sails for Mantua 1/200 HMS Victory

Home Forums Static modelling Sails for Mantua 1/200 HMS Victory

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris Clarke
    Participant
      @chrisclarke80642

I’ve just bought a 1/200 hms victory wooden model boat. It doesn’t come with sails and neither do Mantua make them. I’ve looked on the internet for plans on how to make them (eg materials, what cloth to use etc) but I am unable to find any informtion. Has anyone made their own sails for this ship before and if so caould I have detaisl on how you do it and perhaps plans if you are able to?

Many thanks

Chris 

Advert
      michael wilkinson
      Participant
        @michaelwilkinson87978

hi chris.have a look at THE ANATOMY OF NELSONS SHIPS by c nepean longridge.its still in print and should be easily available.full construction details for a 1/48 scale model of victory.packed with drawings and fold out plans.you could also try the anatomy of the ship series.both these should be available from the model dockyard.

many people ,myself included, do not put sails onto a model as it can obscure all that detail youve spent hours making.i tend to leave mine "bare poled".however if do properly sails can look very effective.for small scale models i have seen people recommend high qaulity typing paper through to the finest draughting linen for larger scale models.

i can also recommend another book   THE ART OF RIGGING by george biddlecombe.this will take you the the compexities of rigging and is profusely illustrated.

hope this helps….regards….mick

Chris Clarke
        Participant
          @chrisclarke80642
        Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)