revell cuttysark

Advert

revell cuttysark

Home Forums Static modelling revell cuttysark

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    captainslog
    Participant
      @captainslog

Hi,i have just started building this, not sure how old the kit is but it belonged to my late uncle. model no. H-395. can any one tell me if there are a set of brass etchings for the hull please? reason being that when i tried to use the transfers in the kit they broke up before i could apply them.(age?) I finally gave up but the etched brass would be ideal. just a thought,thanks in anticipation keith

Advert
      captainslog
      Participant
        @captainslog
        captainslog
        Participant
          @captainslog

60 views and no replies. surely someone knows?hardly helpful.really not sure if this is right site for anyone getting into model boats, thanks for viewing anyway.

Edited By captainslog on 07/03/2022 08:43:19

Ray Wood 3
          Participant
            @raywood3

Hi Captain,

Your really on the wrong site for advice , I don't think your building a model boat, you are better off on a plastic modelling forum where they assemble plastic ships.

Most of us on here have built plastic kits, I still do, but not my main focus.

Try Mr Google it should lead you to a better place

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

Keith, I guess from the 60 viewers there was no-one with any experience with this model. As Ray suggests this is predominently a RC model boat forum. I also have no experience of this model however a google search revealed a similar question here with a lot of useful links in the answer:

Modelshipworld Forum

Bob Wilson
              Participant
                @bobwilson59101

Probably the subject of Cutty Sark is worn out by now, and there is so much info around on every aspect of the ship and building it in every form, causing "total burnout!"

60 plus views and no reply is pretty much standard for me, but you learn to live with it!

I have tried very hard to convince ship modellers that scratchbuilding of sailing ships is relatively simple when compared to steamers of R/C.

Bob

admirable 1.jpg

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)