Rays eventide much modified

Advert

Rays eventide much modified

Home Forums Scratch build Rays eventide much modified

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    mick east
    Participant
      @mickeast46851

20230813_lady_jayne_image_5.jpg20230813_lady_jayne_image_2.jpgI'm a avid admirer of Ray Woods plans and I've just completed a much modified display model of eventide . It has a gaff rig and bilge keels but no sails as I think it distracts from a static model . To be honest I'm really pleased with the finished model as it's only my third scratch build and the first sail boat. The next project is the same boat but upscaled by 50% and fitted with RC (I'm based in Queensland, Australia and our local lake is subjected to wind so the original model would be a bit small for realistic sailing,) The lessons learnt on this build will be invaluable in building a bigger version.

20230813_lady_jayne_image_4.jpg

Advert
      mick east
      Participant
        @mickeast46851
        ashley needham
        Participant
          @ashleyneedham69188

Very nice Mick, clean and tidy. I am sure Ray will approve, and it’s nice to know someone has built a boat to your design, even if altered slightly.

Will be interesting to see your proposed larger craft.

Ashley

Ray Wood 3
          Participant
            @raywood3

Hi Mick,

Glad you like the Eventide model design, and your version is very eye catching with the extra bilge keels, and no sails, most of my boats end up being static only getting wet a couple of times a year

The real thanks should go to Maurice Griffiths for the original design of such a pretty little boat

All the best from the UK

Ray

mick east
            Participant
              @mickeast46851

Thanks Ray I've just had the plan upscaled by 150% and on paper it looks a substantially larger model and a candidate for greater scale detail ie; cabin interior and deck furniture but it will be fitted with RC and a motor as the winds on my local lake can be strong one minute and dead calm the next. Anyway I will be keeping a record of the build as I go along and will post periodically on the site if people are interested

Thanks again Ray for your interest and I look forward to seeing more of your plans in future issues of the mag

Regards Mick East aka eastie

Richard Simpson
              Participant
                @richardsimpson88330

Feel free to post updates on the build here Mick, I'm sure it would be of interest to other members.

Ray Wood 3
                Participant
                  @raywood3

Hi Mick,

Good luck with the bigger version the only limiting factor for a free plan is it has to fit on A1 paper 1" to the foot is more manageable .

Btw I have private messaged you .

Regards Ray

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)