Newton Hall and Framlington Court

Advert

Home Forums Static modelling Newton Hall and Framlington Court

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Bob Wilson
    Participant
      @bobwilson59101

Framlington Court (Large)

Newton Hall (2)

Advert
      Len Morris 2
      Participant
        @lenmorris2

Hi Bob,

Any chance you could post some pictures or the radio gear you made?  It was excellent and long ago set me off learning Morse and getting my licence G-SWL 51.

Len

Bob Wilson
        Participant
          @bobwilson59101

I once had grand ideas about writing a book on vintage radio style construction, but abandoned it long ago due to lack of interest.     I don’t even build them any more – Here is one I designed and built several years ago – 3 Valve TRF (Large) 

Len Morris 2
          Participant
            @lenmorris2

That’s exactly what I’m talking about Bob.  An absolute thing of beauty.  The stuff I make on printed circuit boards with modern components just looks rubbish.  I think you would be surprised if you floated (trying to keep this nautical) your book idea now.

Len.  🙂

Bob Wilson
            Participant
              @bobwilson59101

Thanks Len,

In the past, I made many efforts with writing about vintage radio design and construction, but found that the main interest in vintage radio these days is restoration.   Several years ago  I produced a number of radio construction downloads, but they turned out a complete waste of time,  so I finally erased them all from my catalogue!    There is no possibility of a book, because I will be 80 in a few days, and not in the best of health.   I have given up ship model building as well, and all I am good for now is ship plan and profile drawings. These enjoy moderate success, are easy to do, and don’t involve much energy or toxic dust fumes.

Bob

River Hunter coloured profile (Large)Clan Robertson  (Medium) - Wires removedClan R In sea (Medium) Wires removed (2)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)