New Subscriptions Links

Advert

New Subscriptions Links

Home Forums News and Feedback New Subscriptions Links

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)
  • Author
    Beth Ashby MyTimeMedia
    Participant
      @bethashbymytimemedia

Model Boats subscriptions have officially been taken under Morton's wing and there are now new links to subscribe to the magazines with. Please find them listed below:

Model Boats: **LINK**

RCM&E: **LINK**

Model Engineer: **LINK**

Model Engineers’ Workshop: **LINK**​​​​​​​

Advert
      Beth Ashby MyTimeMedia
      Participant
        @bethashbymytimemedia
        David Marks 2
        Participant
          @davidmarks2

Possible opportunity for improvement. I am interested in the Free Plan and corresponding article by Ray Wood in the July 2022 issue, so wanted the 3 month/issue subscription to commence with that issue. The web-site states that subscriptions commence with the "next available issue" but is that the issue currently on sale OR the next issue to go on sale. I overcame the problem by phoning and making the necessary arrangement(s). Suggest that the web-site needs to make that a bit clearer i.e. issue currently on sale OR the next issue to go on sale.

Philby
          Participant
            @philby

will Morton's be covering the digital subscription as well as I have the printed and digital subscription

Thanks

Phil

Chris E
            Participant
              @chrise

I phoned the old number yesterday about a digital renewal and got a prerecorded message telling me to phone Mortons. Mortons dealt with the issue without problems.

Edited By Chris E on 07/06/2022 10:07:13

Philby
              Participant
                @philby

Hi Chris

Thanks for the information my subscription isn't due just yet

Phil

Beth Ashby MyTimeMedia
                Participant
                  @bethashbymytimemedia
                  Posted by Philby on 07/06/2022 10:02:07:

will Morton's be covering the digital subscription as well as I have the printed and digital subscription

Thanks

Phil

Yes, they've taken over all aspects. You'll receive a letter when your subscription is near to renewal and they'll be able to help with both print and digital elements

Beth

Beth Ashby MyTimeMedia
                  Participant
                    @bethashbymytimemedia

Back issue purchasing is now up and running. Links can be found below:

Model Boats: **LINK**

RCM&E: **LINK**

Model Engineer: **LINK**

Model Engineers’ Workshop: **LINK**

Chris E
                    Participant
                      @chrise

If anybody wants them the back issues appear to be good value with free post and are cheaper than the 2nd hand copies on ebay.

Edited By Chris E on 09/06/2022 13:30:04

Chris Fellows
                      Participant
                        @chrisfellows72943

That's interesting. From other previous discussions I didn't think enough copies were printed to provide back issues?

Chris

Chris E
                        Participant
                          @chrise

I remember that conversation re pulping.

I guess there will always be a few extra printed and they are now for sale. Different owner with different policies.

Ray Wood 3
                          Participant
                            @raywood3

Hi All,

It's always been about having admin resources to send back issue's out on an add hock basis, that's really the reason MyTime sold off the plans services, with plan sale's not covering it's self and making a profit, so little building going on these days with the cost of balsa/ply etc

Same is the reason the Free Add's were dropped, my favourite hobby Horse

Regards Ray

Redpiperbob
                            Participant
                              @redpiperbob16487

Can someone help please i cannot read my model boat magazines any more .My subscription does not run out until next month.

thanks

Bob

Chris E
                              Participant
                                @chrise

Are you talking about the issues that you have purchesed on Pocketmags or the Model Boats archive?

Either way you need to contact the publishers. I would start with the subscriptions tel number.

Redpiperbob
                                Participant
                                  @redpiperbob16487

Hi Chris

thanks for the reply all sorted contacted the publisher and got my new number

thanks

Bob

Chris Fellows
                                  Participant
                                    @chrisfellows72943
                                    Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 10/06/2022 09:35:14:

Hi All,

It's always been about having admin resources to send back issue's out on an add hock basis, that's really the reason MyTime sold off the plans services, with plan sale's not covering it's self and making a profit, so little building going on these days with the cost of balsa/ply etc

Same is the reason the Free Add's were dropped, my favourite hobby Horse

Regards Ray

Don't think it was just that Ray. Some folks who hadn't received copies contacted MTM and were told that there weren't any copies left.

Chris

Chris Fellows
                                    Participant
                                      @chrisfellows72943
                                      Posted by Redpiperbob on 23/06/2022 16:14:00:

Hi Chris

thanks for the reply all sorted contacted the publisher and got my new number

thanks

Bob

Glad you mentioned this and I've just tried to access the Digital Archive and couldn't gain access so have emailed Mortons for my Subcriber No.

Having renewed my Print & Digital just tried to access the Digital and I'm getting a 404 error so will have to look into that.

Chris

Chris E
                                      Participant
                                        @chrise

Yes it appears that they have changed the system for access to the digital archive. I now need to find my subscriber number although when I tried it for RCM&E (with my RCM&E subscriber number) it didn't work.

Hopefully they have improved the quality of the older issues!

Chris E
                                        Participant
                                          @chrise

Got it to work.

If you took out your subscription pre Mortons then you need a new subscriber number. I got mine by calling the phone number on the page where it asks for it.

Unfortunately there are not many issues on the archive yet but they are saying that more, hopefully the rest of them, will follow.

It is obviously very different as the print quality is much better and scales well whist the pictures are pretty awful and do not scale well at all. Downloading a page, or even a whole magazine, to save it is now easy.

To give you some idea I downloaded the whole of the current issue as a pdf and the file size is only 24.8mb which accounts for the poor picture quality.

Edited By Chris E on 24/06/2022 11:17:07

Chris Fellows
                                          Participant
                                            @chrisfellows72943

Yes, I see they have all copies back to 2020, one from 2012 and January 2007 so far.

When emailing I asked them if they were going back to 2007 as before, which it looks as though they are doing but they said they will add all copies available which might mean they will go back even further, be good if they did.

Obviously it takes quite a time to scan each magazine but will be interesting to see how the archive progresses.

Chris

Chris E
                                            Participant
                                              @chrise

Fingers crossed that I am wrong but I doubt that they will go back beyond 2007 as that was when they started composing the magazine on computer.

I don't think that they are scanning anything but rather just presenting files that already exist in a Mortons way.

The Long Build
                                              Participant
                                                @thelongbuild
                                                Posted by Chris Fellows on 24/06/2022 14:01:42:

Yes, I see they have all copies back to 2020, one from 2012 and January 2007 so far.

When emailing I asked them if they were going back to 2007 as before, which it looks as though they are doing but they said they will add all copies available which might mean they will go back even further, be good if they did.

Obviously it takes quite a time to scan each magazine but will be interesting to see how the archive progresses.

Chris

I suspect when they say all the copies , they probably mean all the copies which were there originally from 2007.

The Long Build
                                                Participant
                                                  @thelongbuild
                                                  Posted by Chris E on 09/06/2022 13:25:24:

If anybody wants them the back issues appear to be good value with free post and are cheaper than the 2nd hand copies on ebay.

Edited By Chris E on 09/06/2022 13:30:04

Only free post in the UK, and am surprised at that.

Viewing 23 posts - 1 through 23 (of 23 total)