new lifeboat modellers forum

Advert

new lifeboat modellers forum

Home Forums Soapbox new lifeboat modellers forum

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    neil hp
    Participant
      @neilhp

today [well late last night actually] a new forum [not facebook] went on line, purely to give a designated home to lifeboat modellers of all classes within present and past RNLI lifeboats.

you are welcome to join and read and browse, but posts are literally for lifeboat models.

enjoy your stay should you be interested.

http://www.modellifeboat.com/

Advert
      neil hp
      Participant
        @neilhp

this is a new forum dedicated to lifeboat modellers.

Fred wooley
        Participant
          @fredwooley76212

been on it joined dammed good start long may it last

Fred

Ray Wood 3
          Participant
            @raywood3

Good luck with the new Life Boat forum, but why would anybody be only interested in them ?? It's beyond me, there are so many other fabulous boats to be interested in ? I would get bored building the same type of boats.

Regards Ray

ashley needham
            Participant
              @ashleyneedham69188

Ray. Like me, variety is the spice of life etc but if that’s what you like making, then that’s what you like making!

Personal choice, and I am all for it. I hope the site does well. I can see the attraction in a lifeboat, and at Chatham there are quite a few and of more varieties that perhaps I had thought possible!

I am sure many people only make warships, or Fairies, or ….whatever. I mean…wouldn’t touch a sailing barge myself.. 😲

Ashley

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hi Ashley,

Of course your right, but I'm slightly surprised you haven't been caught by the sailing barge bug 😀 if nothing else they have a good residual value as ornaments etc 😉,

Now where's that drawing of that Watson. Lifeboat 🙊

Regards Ray

neil hp
                Participant
                  @neilhp

your choice Ray, but the concept came from the fact that the build blogs on other forums was stifled by just Shannon builds, and as such, those interested in lifeboats and if you were to join the forum you would see that there are listed 18 different classes YES 18 classes, and within those 18 classes there are multiple choices within that class, it is for lifeboat modellers, who, like myself these days, no longer diversify into other types of model, but just concentrate my knowledge on lifeboats.

and with 18 different classes, with multiple choices within those, o don't think I and others will ever get bored.

posting on Facebook is so fragmented that we needed a home for model lifeboaters, and that is what we now have, thanks to the perseverance of one man. Dave Stavros jones…………and he should be applauded for his tenacity, time and private expense in setting it up for people like us geek lifeboat builders,

just to point out that within that one class…Watsons, there are over 13 different types of Watson lifeboat, in Barnet 5 different arrangements………..a lot to go at.

thanks.

neil.

Ray Wood 3
                  Participant
                    @raywood3

Hi Neil,

Yes there is one Watson Class 41 I'm interested as Rosa Wood & Phyllis Lunn, which took part in the Dunkirk evacuation, converted to a cruiser later as Dowager, she is down the road from me in the Medway and looking un-loved and in need of a rich owner as she is advertised for £35k maybe I need to build a model of her before she is lost.

Regards Ray

neil hp
                    Participant
                      @neilhp

you can buy a kit of her sister boat ANN Letitia Russell from Dave Metcalf.

she is one that I designed as a kit in 1995 and sold very well for Dave over the last 23 years he has owned the rights to manufacture and sell. she is a 41' none self righting Watson…..this is daves show boat….

but although it is right way round in my folder and have rotated it twice to get it right way round here it is still coming out upside down……….good model to build, and great sailing model too.

colin, could you please work your magic on it. thank you.

dave44s boat.jpg

Colin Bishop
                        @colinbishop34627

Sorry Neil I can't change it, must be to do with the way the original image was encoded in the camera, it does happen sometimes.

At least you can see that the vessel was non self righting! smiley

Colin

neil hp
                        Participant
                          @neilhp

winklaughsmiley..very good Colin……….very dry, lol.no probs. cheers for trying.

neil hp
                          Participant
                            @neilhp
                            Posted by Ray Wood 2 on 18/10/2020 16:56:13:

Hi Neil,

Yes there is one Watson Class 41 I'm interested as Rosa Wood & Phyllis Lunn, which took part in the Dunkirk evacuation, converted to a cruiser later as Dowager, she is down the road from me in the Medway and looking un-loved and in need of a rich owner as she is advertised for £35k maybe I need to build a model of her before she is lost.

Regards Ray

we had Rosa Woode and Phyllis Lunn at Fleetwood on numerous occasions whilst she was in the reserve fleet………..I remember her name as a young lad, as if you got to the station early enough you could volunteer to polish the brass work, and the mechanic would treat you to a bottle of pop…….great days.

Ray Wood 3
                            Participant
                              @raywood3

Hi Neil,

Unfortunately Dowager is not a thing of beauty and I think nostagia for her history maybe not enough to save her 😢

Regards Ray

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)