New Gallery

Advert

New Gallery

Home Forums Gallery New Gallery

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Simpson
    Participant
      @richardsimpson88330

I’ve just been having a play around with the new gallery and, not surprisingly, it is a little different to the old one.  Try as I might I could not find a way to create a gallery from within the gallery page.  If anyone finds a way please feel free to add it here.

The only way I could find to create a gallery was from within my own profile.  From there simply click on the Create New Gallery button and its fairly straightforward.  You can either drag pictures into the window, or you can locate specific files by clicking on the locate button.  Both work equally well.  All the files I put into my gallery today were done in a single operation so it is a fairly easy process.  Interestingly a file can be up to 9mb, which is pretty large but you do have a total allowance of 128mb.  As an example the pictures I have just posted used up 8% of my total.  File types are limited to the usual suspects, I always work in .jpgs on line anyway.

Anyway I would recommend you all have a similar play and get some galleries up for everyone to have a look through.

07-08-22-16BatleyParkBlueBell1

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627

Hi Richard,

Thanks for setting up a gallery – a very impressive collection of models.

The Gallery tab on the menu bar is just for viewing Galleries. As you say, you need to set one up from within your profile.

I agree it is not intuitive and I did explain this in my initial posts on the new website discussion topic.

Still, it’s a lot easier than the original Album processes.

Colin

Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

Another interesting snippet I’ve learned.  I had a file that simply would not upload for some odd reason.   I tried resizing and changing the type but it still wouldn’t work.  Then I shortened the file name and it worked!

So there is obviously a smaller file name limit on the picture files than windows allows!  Obviously the field size in the database for the file name is smaller than the windows allowance!  Tricky one.

Chris Fellows
          Participant
            @chrisfellows72943

Yes, it’s certainly quicker and easier importing photos as you can do a number in one go.

I use a tablet most of the time. Should Gallery be showing on the bar along with Forums  Profile  Messages  etc. or is it only accessed via the Menu bars? If so, not the best route.

Chris

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

We don’t seem to have an access route to our own gallery as opposed to all galleries, as we had previously, which was a nice feature.  Maybe we can put that down on the list of “Nice to haves” if we ever get through the list of “really needs”!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)