New! Free Plans now Digital

Advert

New! Free Plans now Digital

Home Forums News and Feedback New! Free Plans now Digital

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Colin Bishop
      @colinbishop34627

Special Annoucement!

We are delighted to announce that, starting with the January 2023 issue of Model Boats, DIGITAL SUBSCRIBERS will be given access to the FREE PLAN included in every other issue of the magazine.

There really are great savings to be made by taking out a subscription, so please check out the latest deals to see how you can get your favourite magazine for less, either delivered as a print copy directly to your door or as a digital copy you can enjoy on your own device:

Subscribe to Model Boats

Lindsey Amrani

Editor

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627
        Chris E
        Participant
          @chrise

Great News.

I look forward to seeing how it is going to work.

If promoted well this could open up a global market for the magazine as overseas print subscriptions appear to be both expensive and slow.

Edited By Chris E on 05/12/2022 13:51:52

Colin Bishop
            @colinbishop34627

Yes, this is long overdue and Lindsey has convinced Mortons that it should go ahead. I don't know the details but I would imagine a PDF file link will be made available to subscribers.

Colin

Chris E
            Participant
              @chrise

I am very pleased about this as I said above.

If it goes well and it is a PDF link I wonder if they could be persuaded to add some of the past recent free plans? We will see.

harry smith 1
              Participant
                @harrysmith1

Thank you Colin !!!

Long over due.

In Australia we are about 3/4 months behind getting the hard copy.

So that's why I went digitally.

Harry

Chris E
                Participant
                  @chrise

The January 2022 issue is now in the archive and the plan is added as an extra 2 pages at the end of the magazine.

I cannot comment yet on the on the Pocketmags version as it is not there yet.

This is a great development for digital subscribers and as I suggested before helps to open up the whole English speaking world market if anybody does anything to encourage it.

PS When there is the digital archive why do they bother with Pocketmags for anything other than back issues?

Edited By Chris E on 14/12/2022 15:55:10

Colin Bishop
                    @colinbishop34627

The archive version is downloadable as a web page. It will be interesting to see what format the Pocketmags version is.

I have not done a conversion to pdf but it appears to be straightforward enough.

Pocketmags sell digital subscriptions so I suppose it is another retail outlet. and appears in their advertising.

Colin

Chris E
                    Participant
                      @chrise

Colin

Yes Pocketmags sell digital subscriptions but I had to open a Pocket Mags account when I took out my subscription and every month my copy is added to me personal library. When I have the archive from which I can download whatever I want all the way back to 2008 why would I want Pocketmags? From the archive I can download individual pages, whole articles or even the whole magazine on one go. Pocketmags limits me to 2 pages.

I guess the answer might be that my Pocketmags issues continue even if I stop my subscription whereas my access to the archive would stop immediately. I learnt long ago to grab stuff off the internet when I could for stuff that I want to keep

I am not sure what you mean by "a conversion to pdf". If you download the page from the archive it arrives as a PDF.

Edited By Chris E on 14/12/2022 16:57:52

Colin Bishop
                        @colinbishop34627

So it does! I had assumed you downloaded direct from the image. All good then.

Re Pocketmags, I don't really know what the connection is. Basically Mortons picked up the MTM systems and loaded them on to their own servers 'as is' which, apart from a few bugs, since corrected, seems to have worked.

However Mortons are evaluating their purchase as ther recent survey confirms. We may see some further changes in due couurse but I'm not plugged into the grapevine as I was in Paul Freshney's day.

Colin

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)