modern model boat steam introduction by richard simpson

Advert

modern model boat steam introduction by richard simpson

Home Forums Steam powered models modern model boat steam introduction by richard simpson

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    neil epworth
    Participant
      @neilepworth74103

HI all i would like to find out when this 6 part series started so i can look it up in the archive section.

thanks in advance

neil

Advert
      neil epworth
      Participant
        @neilepworth74103
        Richard Simpson
        Participant
          @richardsimpson88330

Round about 2008! If I get really bored tomorrow I will try to find the exact month.

Richard Simpson
          Participant
            @richardsimpson88330

It actually started in the December 2008 edition.

Kenneth Holden
            Participant
              @kennethholden82825

Hi are Richard Simpsons articles on steam basics available as a collection .I have just purchased a steam plant for a boat that I am building. The articles I have read are from Dec22. I am 77 this is my first foray into steam and I do not want to run out of it before completion . Ken

Richard Simpson
              Participant
                @richardsimpson88330

Hi Kenneth, As far as I know, if you subscribe to the magazine you can download back issues or articles from around 2007 onwards. One of the other lads will tell you exactly how to do it as I've never needed to.

I'm afraid the only thing I have ever catalogued are the Boiler Room articles, which I keep an index for, but the stand alone articles, of which there were a few in the early days, and the original six steam basics articles I never got around to cataloguing so I cannot tell you which issues they appeared in. One day I need to go through my pile of the last 20 years of magazines and make a list of the steam articles and which editions they are in. I do keep all the text and pictures but not in a layout form.

Meanwhile if you have any specific questions please feel free to post them up here or even send me a PM and I will be more than happy to try to help.

Colin Bishop
                  @colinbishop34627

Richard's follow on Boiler Room series started in the January 2011 issue.

All these articles are available to digital and digital plus print subscribers in the Digital Archives.

(not print only subscribers)

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 22/07/2023 15:41:36

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)