Model Boats – September

Advert

Model Boats – September

Home Forums News and Feedback Model Boats – September

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Vinnie Branigan
    Participant
      @vinniebranigan92297
      http://www.modelboats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/images/member_albums/1461/MB-682-cover.jpg

September Model Boats

Bow piece
      Main subject is an in-depth review of the Graupner Mega Yacht Moonraker by Graham Walker, plus a freelance r/c semi-scale electric air boat by Glynn Guest and a report on the Dortmund Intermodellbau 2007 by Dave Wooley. Images by Graham Walker, Glynn Guest, Dave Wooley and a Gallery by Jon Godsell of the Dutch Spirit and Svitzer Bidston

Regulars:

All POINTS
      News items, what’s on and a piece on an exceptional inventor

RANGE FINDER
      Dave Wooley’s worldwide review of Warships and Warship Modelling including a Research Photo File aboard an ex – Soviet Ropucha class LST (Landing Ship Tank) and all the usual regular features

FOCUS ON SCALE
      A regular look at r/c scale including a visit to Kew Bridge Steam Museum Model Boat Show and the Model Week at Skipsea by Dave Brumstead

GALLERY
      Jon Godsell photographs Svitzer Bidston and Dutch Spirit

ROCK-N-ROLL
      A 1963 music and booze cruise from Southend, a Sea Commander, Elsie receivers and more, by DAVE WIGGINS.

READERS MODELS
      Pictures and constructional information about their models from our readers

MAIL BOAT, READERS CLASSIFIEDS AND TEST BENCH
      Readers letters, your private adverts. and what’s new for modellers

AROUND THE CLUBS
      News from clubs around the world

OMRA NEWS
      John Kerr and Stewart Rae at Kingsbury, Willen and Bryn Bach plus more of the A-Z of powerboat bits

Special Features

MOONRAKER
      Graupner’s Mega Yacht kit reviewed by Graham Walker.

DYNAMIC DIVING WITH A TWIST!
      Dave Manning describes how he converted a Revell Type V111C U Boat static kit to one that submerges

SKIMMER
      A semi-scale radio controlled electric airboat for 400 type motors, designed and described by Glynn Guest.

WINIFRED
      Richard Webb builds the George Turner Models radio controlled Footy Yacht kit

DORTMUND INTERMODELLBAU 2007
      Dave Wooley reports on this, the largest annual trade and model event in Europe for modellers of every hobby discipline.

Advert
      Paul Brinklow
      Participant
        @paulbrinklow79323

Sep Issue – Just been to the Guildford Model Boat Pond and saw the new Skimmer – painted a brilliant orange buit from the Sep issue plans – what a fantastic Novelty Class boat – it was such fun have just ordered the Back Number Sep issue and subscribed for a whole years magazines as well … seeing the skimmer was a great advert for your magazine and for model boat builders ….

Will be at the Guidford meet next Sunday (19th August)10 am – I have RAF Launch and am trying to identify the motor – it may be a 6V or 12V Decaperm – anyone know of tests, resistance or other wise which will tell me ?

seabird1
        Participant
          @seabird1

Iv’e just read the review on Graupner’s Moonraker by Graham Walker . Moonraker is a big project and it would clearly take more than seven pages to do an in depth review of the kit , so I was somewhat dissapointed on reading it.. Oviousley you only have some much space per article in the magazine. However, I would like to know how 2 x 6v SLA’s wired in series (12v) can power 3 x Speed 700 BB Turbo’s through 3 seperate speed controllers as this wasn’t well explained in the article.

Paul Rae

Vinnie Branigan
          Participant
            @vinniebranigan92297

I think I’ll leave this one to Paul Freshney, the magazine editor to answer! 🙂

Vinnie

Vinnie Branigan
            Participant
              @vinniebranigan92297

Next Issue

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)