Midwest Products plans

Advert

Midwest Products plans

Home Forums Static modelling Midwest Products plans

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Ian Gardner
    Participant
      @iangardner62867

Looking for plans.

Advert
      Ian Gardner
      Participant
        @iangardner62867

Hi all,

I have been trying to track down the drawings for a couple of the old Midwest static kits which are no longer produced-or even the kits themselves.

The drawings have enough information on them to build a model from scratch. I wondered if anybody had built a kit in the past and still had the drawings which they might be prepared to sell or copy.

The kits still pop up on Ebay from time to time , but are usually in the States and very expensive.

The two I'm particularly interested in are the Chesapeake Bay Flattie and the Sharpie Schooner. I know it's a long shot but I thought it was worth a try.

All the best,

Ian

Dodgy Geezer 1
        Participant
          @dodgygeezer1

I run a website on which I put old boat plans that are no longer available from the original companies – with their permission, of course.

Most companies have been happy to provide this. MidWest are the only company I have approached who stated that although they have no facility for providing copies of their old plans to customers – whether for payment or not – they will not give me permission to put any up on the web….

Ian Gardner
          Participant
            @iangardner62867

Hi,

I have had a look at your website and lots of others listing plans. Aerofred has three Midwest plans- the tug, the fireboat and a lobster boat.

Needless to say, one of the first things I did was get in touch with Midwest and they say they have no parts or drawings for the kits now.

I'll keep trying but it seems a bit of a lost cause. Trouble is though, one tends to get the bit between the teeth and it becomes a bit of an obsession!

Thanks for the response.

Ian

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)