Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2022

Advert

Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2022

Home Forums Shows and Events Midlands Model Engineering Exhibition 2022

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Colin Bishop
      @colinbishop34627

I have been asked to share the following letter from Avril Spence of Meridienne to our Editor Lindsey Amrani.

(The Warwick International Model Boat Show has been cancelled)

Colin

Good Afternoon,

I find myself writing this email to silence any rumors that the Midlands Exhibition will not be going ahead in October following the sad news that Chris Deith (my Dad) sadly passed away in May.

I can confirm we are 100% presenting the Midlands Exhibition in honour of my Dad who started this event way back in 1977!

Could I please ask you to share this news with your readers. This is THE Show for Model Engineers and I believe the only major model engineering show to be held in 2022.

For all the latest information please see http://www.midlandsmodelengineering.co.uk for ticket information, to enter the competition and full details of all exhibitors.

Many thanks as always for your support

Avril Spence

Edited By Colin Bishop on 08/06/2022 18:22:40

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627

The 2022 show is going ahead.

Ray Wood 3
        Participant
          @raywood3

Hi All,

This is great show, I have been many times, we are all model engineers be it interested in Road, Rail, Air or Sea, a great place to buy bits & pieces for the workshop and materials.

The other show worth a visit is Wings & Wheels at North Weald Aerodrome in June, great for buying timber etc as SLEC have a stand, and I believe my own club Chantry MBC from Kent are also exibiting

Regards Ray

Ray Wood 3
          Participant
            @raywood3

Hi All,

Wings & Wheels dates are 25th & 26th June

Regards Ray

Richard Simpson
            Participant
              @richardsimpson88330

That's good news. Sounds like too many jumping to conclusions again. I'm with Ray, my favourite shows are the model engineering shows where you get to see a much wider range of model types and activities. We've missed out on Doncaster for three years now though so we can only hope it is back on next year.

Chris Fellows
              Participant
                @chrisfellows72943

It does seem as though model boats are playing second fiddle though. But I suppose that as model boating as a hobby shrinks that standalone shows will become less and less viable.

The Warwick show started to change with the addition of the Tamiya trucks which provided additional interest but I think that was the beginning of the end and in future I guess it makes more sense to have boats as part of a bigger show and it is better than nothing as I doubt the Warwick show will return.

Chris

Edited By Chris Fellows on 09/06/2022 22:47:51

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)