Malcolm Darch – HMS Agamemnon

Advert

Malcolm Darch – HMS Agamemnon

Home Forums Static modelling Malcolm Darch – HMS Agamemnon

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Colin Bishop
      @colinbishop34627

Some readers will be familiar with the name of Malcolm Darch and his square rigger builds, some of which have been featured in Model Boats magazine.

His latest commission is HMS Agamemnon during the period she was commanded by Captain Horatio Nelson and the author Julian Stockwin has featured it on his website:

**LINK**

Click on the images for a larger view.

It seems a bit of a shame that the model is destined for a private collection and is presumably unlikely to be on public display.

Colin

Edited By Colin Bishop on 05/06/2023 13:17:13

Advert
      Colin Bishop
        @colinbishop34627

Nelson’s Favourite

neil hp
        Participant
          @neilhp

I met Malcolm at his upstairs studio in Salcome when he was building his Square rigger Mushulu many years ago……….he was a very nice, pleasant unasuming, and very helpful man and also a modeller willing to share his incredible knowledge with ordinary low grade modellers like myself.

Always remember that meeting, and his advice on techniques in building, and certain tools to buy to help my own model builds which I still have!

I often wonder if he is still in that studio that I met him in………….An ideal spot and very inspirational for a model ship builder as Salcome harbour was just a few minutes away if I remember correctly.

neil hp
          Participant
            @neilhp

just reading the article in the link, it would seem that Malcolm is still in the studio that i met him at around 1983/4 cant remember exactly.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)