LCT 7074 1/72nd scale working model as in May and June 2022 MB issues

Advert

LCT 7074 1/72nd scale working model as in May and June 2022 MB issues

Home Forums Build Blogs LCT 7074 1/72nd scale working model as in May and June 2022 MB issues

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Francis Macnaughton
    Participant
      @francismacnaughton39461

Hi all,

As promised in the two articles on LCT 7074 published in MB magazine, this thread is intended to make additional information available for anyone who is contemplating building the model as drawn in the free plan that came with Part 1.

First off will be the design for a water-slide Decal Sheet and the instructions for the Photo etch sheet.

Advert
      Francis Macnaughton
      Participant
        @francismacnaughton39461

Additional info to supplement Part 1 and 2 build description

Francis Macnaughton
        Participant
          @francismacnaughton39461

This is a jpg image of the decal sheet for the model which will fit on an A5 piece of blank decal sheet to reduce waste but can be pasted on to an A4 sized page if the laser printer you intend to use is fussy about doing A5 size. I have added a 4cm by 4cm graduated scale to allow you to check that it prints out correctly on normal paper before using the more expensive decal paper.

lct 7074 decal sheet a5 v2grad.jpg

Francis Macnaughton
          Participant
            @francismacnaughton39461

I am looking for a way of giving access to the photo etch instructions which are 10 pages long and not really practical to post here as a series of images but, in the meantime, here are the list of parts and a picture of the PE sheet artwork to give a better idea of what is included.

pe fret all layers.jpg

img20220522_12091325.jpg

Ray Wood 3
            Participant
              @raywood3

Hi Francis,

I really like you design for the LCT, having never built one I'm tempted to double the size and it would give me a good excuse to buy some 1/35th scale tank kits

Looking forward to seeing part 2 , I know how much effort these scale design articles are to produce, my little trip boat is the free plan in the July issue, a walk in the park compared to all the detail you have included.

Best Regards Ray

Francis Macnaughton
              Participant
                @francismacnaughton39461

Thanks Ray,

Doubling the size can be done of course but the result can take over your life and available space at home! Would this still be a working RC model or static display? I actually built a 1/32nd LCT 4 back in the 1990s but eventually scrapped it as it was just too big to live with and there always seemed to be more detail that I ought to add. Producing a full load of tanks also proved challenging – and expensive. If you have the space and resources by all means scale up – it particularly makes it a lot easier to fit working features like a lowerable ramp. One other thought is to go for an intermediate scale like 1/48th where there is a reasonable suitable range of tank kits available.

Francis Macnaughton
                Participant
                  @francismacnaughton39461

I have found a way of making downloads of several of the references on LCT 7074 available here for the next 30 days using the links below. If trying this after the this time limit has expired please send me a personal message and I will forward a copy direct.

The Photo etch instructions and advice:

https://easyupload.io/is5y7e

CB 04304 Details of Combined Operations Landing Craft and Barges

https://easyupload.io/4z863a

Addendum to CB 04304

https://easyupload.io/tv6d6h

LCT7074 The archaeological Record of D-Days last LCT

https://easyupload.io/h4n316

Happy reading!

Edited By Francis Macnaughton on 25/05/2022 16:50:24

jeffrey mundell 1
                  Participant
                    @jeffreymundell1

have tried to use easyload but cant get the downloads for LCT7074

REGARDS jEFF

Ray Wood 3
                    Participant
                      @raywood3

Hi Francis,

I think she would look good at 61" long by 10" beam plus the fact that 200% on the photocopiergeneral jumbo 001.jpg takes a lot of work out of enlarging he drawings you have produced

I have visions of Sherman's, Half Tracks etc on board, I have vision of the ramp coming down and the vehicles unloading, this comes from being a Beano reader in the early 60's with dreams of being General Jumbo with his radio controlled Army, Airforce and Navy 

Regards Ray

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 25/05/2022 19:44:30

Edited By Ray Wood 2 on 25/05/2022 19:45:20

Francis Macnaughton
                      Participant
                        @francismacnaughton39461

Hi Jeff,

I forgot to say that the forum format doesn't let me paste live links so you need to copy the link and then paste it into the browser search line to access the download. You should get a screen like the one below ready to download your chosen file.. You need to click on the left hand centre arrow to then get the download. Any joy now?

Francis

download screen.jpg

Francis Macnaughton
                        Participant
                          @francismacnaughton39461

Hi Ray,

I can just about remember General Jumbo -something tells me that his control system has yet to be invented! I also doubt that youwould be allowed to operate bomb dropping aircraft at any public boat pond here!

Francis

ashley needham
                          Participant
                            @ashleyneedham69188

Wow, General Jumbo. That takes me back, Ray.

I always wanted his radio control system for my tanks and soldiers,!

Ashley

Richard Hirst
                            Participant
                              @richardhirst69968

When will the PE be available to purchase

Francis Macnaughton
                              Participant
                                @francismacnaughton39461

The initial batch of PE sheets is with Milicast and full details of the prìce and where to contact will be available as soon as they have sorted suitable packaging

Edited By Francis Macnaughton on 08/06/2022 20:38:39

Richard Simpson
                                Participant
                                  @richardsimpson88330

Francis, when you write a post the two rows of icons at the top of the posting window contains two on the bottom row that look like globes. When you hold your mouse pointer over the left hand one it says: Link (Ctrl+K) Press that and it opens a window, you can paste a web page address into the URL field and you can rename the link to suit what you want to be seen in the post, such as this example:

Francis's Photo Etch Link

Francis Macnaughton
                                  Participant
                                    @francismacnaughton39461

I am delighted to confirm that the PE sheet for LCT 7074 is now available from Milicast models and further details are here:

LCT 7074 Brass Fret of Photo-Etched Parts

Richard Hirst
                                    Participant
                                      @richardhirst69968

Where does the tank deck edge strips fit as there is no indication on the plan or in the instructions

Francis Macnaughton
                                      Participant
                                        @francismacnaughton39461

Hi Richard,

If you look at the plan, below the main deck plan section it does show how the cargo/vehicle securing points are positioned along the full length of the tank deck with the double line representing the outermost edge of the tank deck. This is under the overhang of the main decking so doesn't show on the main deck plan – there wasn't room on the plan to do a separate plan of the tank deck.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)