LandWasser Schlepper Mid-production

Advert

LandWasser Schlepper Mid-production

Home Forums Static modelling LandWasser Schlepper Mid-production

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Author
    Vinnie Branigan
    Participant
      @vinniebranigan92297

A look at a stunning new kit from Bronco for those that might like to build something a little different….

Vinnie 

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Where do you put the sails and radio gear ??

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
        Participant
          @vinniebranigan92297

Same place you put the sails on the Titanic.

Paul T
          Participant
            @pault84577

Hello Vinnie

Damm I knew that I had missed something off that Titanic model.

This latest offering from Bronco (do they used to make toilet paper) must be right up your street as a military modeler in fact it could be said to encapsulate both of your editorial roles in one little kit.

Paul 

Manxman
            Participant
              @manxman

That’s a nice kit there Vinnie,  the detailing is superb,  but you could have given us an indication to its size ? – could have put a ruler up on pic9 or 10 for reference.

Was it you or Phil who built the review model ? as both your names are there (I’m guessing Phil did the build and you the web production).  Could have also put some pictures of the finished build, or have I just missed them ?

Come to think of it – was it actually built – as there are only pictures of the various kit parts and nothing of the build its self. !

Cheers – Ken

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Good question Ken

A decent set of pictures of the build would be very nice then we could all appreciate this fascinating model, can it be motorised? can it be adapted for radio control? and could it actually swim?

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
                Participant
                  @vinniebranigan92297

On second thoughts…I don’t think I’ll bother anymore.

Vinnie 

Paul T
                  Participant
                    @pault84577

Now Vinnie

Don’t open the door to some new goodies and then close it again, I was even thinking of buying this particular kit. 

Perhaps the site could expand to look at things that are model boat related?

Hopeful Paul

Vinnie Branigan
                    Participant
                      @vinniebranigan92297

Hi Paul, from Ken’s comments above, I wasn’t sure there would be much interest for reviews on books about ships and boats, and reviews of marine static modelling.

Vinnie 

Manxman
                      Participant
                        @manxman

Now, now, Vinnie,

I wasn’t knocking the review, I really enjoyed it, it’s just when a review of a kit is done in ‘our’ magazine it normally includes the build as well.  for all we know, when the kit pieces were assembled, it may have turned out to be a washing machine !

As for static models, most boat modellers build both types, and the scratch builders are always looking for books to glean their information from, plus a good read.

and while your there, chuck up some photies of your models, as your kind of modellers are well up when it comes to weathering techniques, which we could all learn from.

Cheers – Ken

Paul T
                        Participant
                          @pault84577

Hi Vinnie

I am always looking for new lines of research with books and reviews, why don’t you do some Osprey reviews like those on MM site??

Any chance of getting hold of a static kit for one of us to build and review (lots of blurb and a few photos)

Paul

ashley needham
                          Participant
                            @ashleyneedham69188

Chaps, give the man a chance to build the thing! I thought it is jolly decent to see first hand what is in the box. Even though there were no measurements  involved, it is not going to be very big, and I dare say it COULD be motorised, but will be another garden pond job and not a true blue water lake vehicle. Motorising this sort of thing seems to me to be more trouble than its worth

I am trying to paste my own effort on to this page but appear to be failing…..? pictures in my gallery dont seem to want to know either 

sniff

ashley needham
                            Participant
                              @ashleyneedham69188

I think its something to do with our pc security??? will have to get the expert in (the wife)

Vinnie Branigan
                              Participant
                                @vinniebranigan92297

First up Ken…it’s our magazine not yours.

Secondly…this is the website…not a magazine. 

Vinnie

Paul T
                                Participant
                                  @pault84577

Hi Ashley

It was a detail in picture 12 that caught my eye and gave rise to my question about the ability of this kit to be motorised (as some tank kits can be) as there are two nice little slots for prop shafts that reminded me of a motorised small scale kit aircraft carrier that I once built so I was intrigued by the possibility of bringing this kit to "life" 

Paul

ashley needham
                                  Participant
                                    @ashleyneedham69188

http://www.modelboats.co.uk/wp-content/uploads/sites/5/images/member_albums/2861/devastation_jesey_lo_res.JPG

Paul. I think it looks eminently motorisable with small equipment , wonder what the balance will be like with the big prop tunnel cut-outs ? Whoa! I have loaded a picture at last !!! I just snapped this in the loft, Its one I motorised earlier, From Argos catalogue shop.. A plastic USS New Jersey , 26″ long. Looks good eh? and all I have done to it cosmetically is spray it halfords Plastic primer grey and paint the deck brown. The detail is great considering, All for £15. Speed 280 motor, 6x aa batts. Goes like stink. Ashley

Paul T
                                    Participant
                                      @pault84577

Hi Ashley

Not at all bad for £15 I shall have a quick squint at Argos myself,

I can’t find out how much the LandWasser kit is have you any idea where I should look.

Paul

Vinnie Branigan
                                      Participant
                                        @vinniebranigan92297

Paul, try Netmerchants or Lucky Model.

Vinnie 

Paul T
                                        Participant
                                          @pault84577

Thanks Vinnie  

No luck so far(sun pm)…all that I can find is the Bronco site and the references to the LandWasser on the MM and MB sites but I shall keep on looking.

ashley needham
                                          Participant
                                            @ashleyneedham69188

Lads (I use the term loosly). The land wasser snapper thingy kit is approx 252mm long by 90mm wide, and the tunnelled props are approx 25mm. The real thing was designed as a boat with tracks for moving itself in/out of water , rather than,say, the DUKW which was a lorry that was made to float. The model is on the small side to motorise I would say and weight would be very critical. Not that it couldnt be done of course. On the plus side the superstructure is large so hiding the bits wouldnt seem to pose a problem, and once motored up I would think it might go rather well.   Ashley

ashley needham
                                            Participant
                                              @ashleyneedham69188

And another thought has just entered the old bonce…How about a proper r/c motorised Sherman DD tank as used at the Normandy landings. That would be a novelty  !   Ash

Vinnie Branigan
                                              Participant
                                                @vinniebranigan92297

BRONCO REVIEW

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)