Landing Craft Flak (4)

Advert

Landing Craft Flak (4)

Home Forums Scratch build Landing Craft Flak (4)

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author
    Gary Radford
    Participant
      @garyradford51412

Can anyone help me. I would like to build a 1:48th scale model of an L.C.F(4), my father served on L.C.F.29 during the war. Does anyone know were I can get plans and/or pictures of this type of landing craft? Thank you.

Advert
      Guido Sambucetti
      Participant
        @guidosambucetti90794

Not a sure hint, but Model Boats used to have such a plan. If they don´t any longer, try “The X-List Plans”, search with Google and you´ll find their site.

Good luck!

Danny Michael
        Participant
          @dannymichael87621

Hi,
          There are some photos on the Accurate armour website of their 1/76th scale LCF and if you have a look on the Imperial War Museums online section there are three photos of LCF (4).

http://www.iwmcollections.org.uk/qryFilm.asp
          http://www.accurate-armour.com/aaproducts.cfm?navlevel=1

If you can visit the IWM archives in person you will find a lot more there. A batch of photos were taken at Southampton just before the “D Day” landings. Some are close ups of LCF/LCG etc.

I did take some photos about 10(?) years ago of the IWM model of a LCF(4) that was on display at the Model Engineer show at Alexander Palace. This may have been built in 1/48th scale. Let me know if you are interested in seeing these photos and I will scan them and see if we can work out a way of you seeing them.

There are a few other books with some of these photos in. Let me know if you want the details and I will sort them out.

One book that has a small plan and a few photos in is “Allied Landing Craft Of WW 2” by A. D. Baker. Which is a reprint US Naval Intelligence Manual ON1 226 Allied Landing Craft & ships June 1944 together with ONI 226/1 1945. Might be out of print now but some second hand bookshops should have it

Will you be making the model of it to represent it as it was in Normandy as part of 37 LCT Flotilla / SSEF ? At that time it had a red band painted around the bridge.

Regards

Guido Sambucetti
          Participant
            @guidosambucetti90794

Hi,

I was just browsing through ebay´s millions of items when I bumped into this one: item number 190065618235 LCT BOAT MODEL BOAT plans, seller is davesdrydock. The picture is not very clear, but it seems to be a Mk4 LCT. If you can find pictures of the deck of the flak conversion I think this plan would be of help in building the hull and bridge.

Best of lucks,
            GUIDO.

Gary Radford
            Participant
              @garyradford51412

Hi
              Thanks to you all for your help, If Danny Micheal could scan the pictures he took at Alexander Palace it would be very much appreciated.Thanks again.
              Kind Regards

Danny Michael
              Participant
                @dannymichael87621

Hi Gary,
                Attached, hopefully, are some photos of the LCF taken at Alexander Palace sometime ago. Not sure if scale was 1/48th or 1/32nd. It was a big model though and had just been refurbished.

If you have not found the plans that Guido Sambucetti mentioned they are available from “myhobbystore.com”. Product id number is “1962” and name is “Landing Craft” They are 1/48th scale drawings of an LCF 4.

You may already know it but I thought I would mention that Sirmar do a range of 1/48th scale weapons and fittings.

Good luck with your model.

Danny

</div>

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/danm3rd/lcf4cMedium.jpg

</div>

</div>

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s4/danm3rd/lcf4bMedium.jpg

Guido Sambucetti
                Participant
                  @guidosambucetti90794

Thanks for the hint Danny, these were the plans I first mentioned, only that I wasn´t able to find them in the plans listing… and I must admit even now I could only find them by looking for “landing craft”!

Gary Radford
                  Participant
                    @garyradford51412

Hi Danny.
                    Thanks very much for the pictures and info.
                    Gary.

Kevin Bellman
                    Participant
                      @kevinbellman86047

Hi Gary,

Dont know if I lost the plot above.

Check out ‘www.myhobbystore.com’

Enter MM1289 in search and you will find Landing craft flak 1/48 scale. Looks like a MKIV to me.

Regards

Kevin

Gary Radford
                      Participant
                        @garyradford51412

Yep thanks Kevin,I managed to get hold of a set of these plans,thay are just what I was looking for.Thanks again.
                        Gary.

Gary Radford
                        Participant
                          @garyradford51412
                        Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)