John Cobb’s Crusader

Advert

John Cobb’s Crusader

Home Forums Scratch build John Cobb’s Crusader

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 191 total)
  • Author
    Ray Wood 3
    Participant
      @raywood3

Hi Ashley,

Don't worry in Kent we call it "self medication" it's working for me 👍👍👍

Regards Ray

Advert
      Paul T
      Participant
        @pault84577

Ashley and Ray

You southerners are so posh, I had to look up Imbibing and Self Medication has a totally different meaning up here in't north.

I bet you drink wine and flavoured gins with your little fingers sticking out.cocktail

The North West is the last bastion of real beer in proper pint glassesbeer

Shame that I can't imbibe or self medicate anymoresad

Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Euphemisms are an excellent way of easing your conscience.

There's another two words for you Pau (hic!) cheeky

Colin

ashley needham
          Participant
            @ashleyneedham69188

I cant have that PT. see snap….and this is just our local pub!!! you should see the big ones (I am not in the picture, as I was the one snapping)

Colin. Are you allowed to say Euphimizm (or woteva) on this site????

Ashleeeeee

img_2341.jpg

Colin Bishop
              @colinbishop34627

Ashley, is that photo taken before you were propelled forcibly down the middle? In which case I want to see the video.

Colin

Paul T
              Participant
                @pault84577

Euphemisms are an excellent way of easing your conscience.

So are syrup of figs.

ashley needham
                Participant
                  @ashleyneedham69188

I play a Euphoniumism in a brass band!

Ashley

Bob Abell 2
                  Participant
                    @bobabell2

What about the 2M rule?

Bob

ashley needham
                    Participant
                      @ashleyneedham69188

We are not playing at the moment Bob! So no worries. No bands are playing.

Have almost officially finished the Crusader with the application of the No 6 insurance Circle. Not a bad job, circle via template and writing done freehand and perhaps not perfect, but fits with the stand-off nature of the boat.

Never know, might open the park soon to traffic and we will boating!! Strictly speaking it seems to me that I could boat by bike, but without my FRIENDS i would be A sad lonely anorak (that’s what my wife says)..

Ashley

Eddie Lancaster
                      Participant
                        @eddielancaster

I wouldn’t mind being an anorak if I could go boating.

Eddie.

Trevor Holloway
                        Participant
                          @trevorholloway99134

The Fireboat will fit in a rucksack with a picnic (sarnie & cider) and borrow my son's bicycle.

I could be a Billy no mates at the other end of the bench.

ashley needham
                          Participant
                            @ashleyneedham69188

Wellll….will mail u.

Ashley

Paul T
                            Participant
                              @pault84577

Ashley

According to our local interpretation of the rules you can visit the park but you can't play with the toys. so I guess that means you can cycle to the park but you can't float your boat.

Paul

Trevor Holloway
                              Participant
                                @trevorholloway99134

Paul, I saw kids kicking a football around and flying kites are the fun police cracking down on that too ?

Colin Bishop
                                  @colinbishop34627

When you say 'the toys' Paul, are you referring to facilities provided by the council in which case, no you can't use those but there shouldn't be any restrictions on bringing your own within reasonable limits.

Colin

ashley needham
                                  Participant
                                    @ashleyneedham69188

Boating by bike no probs today with Trevor. We were passed by the joy police a couple of times, although we didn't have boats in the water then.

Very quiet in the park. Swordfish good, see todays boating.

Ashley

ashley needham
                                    Participant
                                      @ashleyneedham69188

Fired up the jet for the first time today. Wooooosh! On a 7.2 Nimh. Most satisfactory, also connected the rudder/servo up and that’s also ok. There is loads of room to drop the rudder to its full depth past the bottom of the front Skegness if read.

only issue is that there are loads of wires in the cockpit and thus the inlet which I can’t tidy until it has a test.

Next step is the storage box. 22 L x 10 W x 8 H. ( inches)

Ashley

ashley needham
                                      Participant
                                        @ashleyneedham69188

Cut 5h3 base for the storage box and have left a reasonable amount of space sideways and (eventually) vertically, as it maybe that I have to make some mods to the boat upon testing..like extra foam or something..

Actually, there’s not much I can do if it don’t work…..

Ashley

Tim Cooper
                                        Participant
                                          @timcooper90034

Ashley

Have you ever tried corrugated plastic sheet for storage making boxes?

The Eezebilt site shows how to make one, gluing it together with hot melt. Looking at the sheet it seems you need to buy 5 large sheets , so if it doesn't work you have a lot of plastic sheet on your hands.

I'm still thinking about it and looking at possible suppliers.

Tim

ashley needham
                                          Participant
                                            @ashleyneedham69188

I think I looked at this a while ago, it was the postage that’s the issue, not having a supplier within a decent distance.

i can well believe it is easy to make a box from the stuff and that it would be strong enough. However I stack mine, up to three deep and wonder if the plastic would stand up to this?

Ashley

Edited By ashley needham on 31/05/2020 13:39:14

ashley needham
                                            Participant
                                              @ashleyneedham69188

Box made. Not the most exciting thing, but necessary. 3.6mm ply, silver paint and artistic red flash!

Ashley

17785eb7-cfea-403f-829d-d838ebd1cd85.jpeg

f39dbcba-7d63-47b6-907e-0cd7fc10c8ed.jpeg

Trevor Holloway
                                              Participant
                                                @trevorholloway99134

Very pretty !

Edited By Trevor Holloway on 02/06/2020 11:02:58

ashley needham
                                                Participant
                                                  @ashleyneedham69188

Yeah, at least the box will look good even though the boat doesn’t work…

Actually I did have one thought, in that if I put a wattmeter in the power line, I should see the difference in power consumption on the meter as regards restrictions to inlet airflow. For instance, between the top being on or off, and the tucking in of wires in the inlet path?.?

Ashley

Edited By ashley needham on 02/06/2020 19:45:54

Bob Abell 2
                                                  Participant
                                                    @bobabell2

Hi Ashley

Like your very pretty box, full of hope and expectancy?

But don't like the flimsy lack of support in the middle?

Answer…… Fit a cross brace to the lid, so that when you close the box, the bracer removes the flimsy side wall?

When you say, your model doesn't work…….Have I missed the test report?

Keep smiling

Bob

ashley needham
                                                    Participant
                                                      @ashleyneedham69188

Hi Bob. No you have not nissed any testing yet.

I can see what you mean about the side wall, but all mt boxes are like that and I have not had any issues yet!.

The box is 22 inches long and it is 4mm ply. The lid rests on the ends, so the long side wall does not take much in the way of strain or weight. When stacking, the boxes above bear down vertically on the lid/side wall and its plenty strong enough.

Ashley

Viewing 25 posts - 151 through 175 (of 191 total)