Information only

Advert

Information only

Home Forums Scratch build Information only

• This topic is empty.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Peter Smith 24
    Participant
      @petersmith24

Since I retired I have enjoyed getting into Scratch Building model boats. I found the John Parker Designs suited me best. I like sending for the drawings and using the article that is in Model Boat magazine as a really excellent and concise guide. As far as I know I have completed all his designs to date.

I was wondering if there was any future designs with said articles in the coming issues of Model Boats.

Advert
      Peter Smith 24
      Participant
        @petersmith24
        Colin Bishop
          @colinbishop34627

Hello Peter,

I'm afraid we don't have any information on upcoming articles on the Forum. You would need to ask the Editor Lindsey Amrani.

Colin

Peter Smith 24
          Participant
            @petersmith24

I tried that without result, but thank you for your time.

Yabbie1
            Participant
              @yabbie1

Hello Peter,

I am very pleased to hear of the success you have had building from my plans and articles, It is only by feedback like this that you learn whether people have found them comprehensible or not. May I ask, which is your favourite one and is there any chance of a photo?

Unfortunately due to charged circumstances I am not able to plan on doing more construction articles, at least not in the near future.

Yabbie1 (John Parker)

Ray Wood 3
              Participant
                @raywood3

Hello John,

You are so right about lack of feedback on our design's published, although sometimes no news is good news?

When I have drawn it wrong people seem to get in touch very quickly

I was massively inspired when Peter Fitness from Australia sent me photo's of his Margoletta Broads Cruiser my first boat design published in 2005.

Regards Ray

Yabbie1
                Participant
                  @yabbie1

Yes I remember that one Ray, a smart looking boat. I confess that when I was designing models I had a reoccurring nightmare that I would make a small mistake on the plans that would cause hundreds of models built from them to sink into watery oblivion and I would not dare to visit a lake anymore in case I was identified and treated to a similar fate! Fortunately that hasn't happened (yet).

Yabbie1

gecon
                  Participant
                    @gecon

Don't worry John,

it is always the builder or thereafter, the ship's commander -not the designer- who has the overall responsibility of keeping the water on the correct side of the hull! It's natural for a boat to sink -at least half way. The rest is not under your controlsmiley

George

Edited By gecon on 12/01/2021 09:11:43

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)